Honored Contributor

Re: GARAGE SALE MYSTERY: ALL THAT GLITTERS - Sun., Oct. 26th 9/8c - HMM

Thanks keri for taking the time to search out and let us know about this new show (well, new to some of us).

It sounds like it is more along the lines (a modern version) of "Murder She Wrote".

I like shows that aren't as 'calm' as this show sounds. However, it does sound like something I might enjoy watching for down time.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 cyndog said: I don't see them on my guide today. Is this on a second Hallmark channel? I see mentioned a new franchise.

cyndog - yes, these Garage Sale Mystery movies are on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries (HMM), the rebranded name of the channel formerly known as Hallmark Movie Channel (HALMV)). It's still 156 on COMCAST, same channel as before; only the name has changed, effective September 26th.

The Hallmark Channel, 137 on COMCAST here, is where series including Cedar Cove; Signed, Sealed, Delivered and The Good Witch movies and the upcoming series of the same name are presented.

If you missed the original GSM, which is being repeated at 7 PM on HMM, here's the synopsis: "A perceptive bargain hunter tries to help catch a burglar by using her treasure-seeking skills." The movie is based on Suzi Weinert's novel, Garage Sale Stalker.

Yes, annabelle - if you enjoy murder mysteries, but with toned-down, virtually unseen violence and gore, then you should enjoy these. They're mild-mannered mysteries, more along the lines of Diagnosis Murder; Murder, She Wrote and Matlock than CSI; Criminal Minds and Stalker.

Super Contributor

Did anyone else watch? I love this series and I hope they keep new installments coming on a regular basis. Lori Loughlin is marvelous, displaying low-key, highly intuitive observational abilities Her man-hungry, hapless best friend is hilarious in her desperation for a date. It's just amazing that a shop owner like Jennifer, with no formal training in criminal justice or forensics, can survey a crime scene for a few seconds and accurately assess what's transpired better than the police who've spent hours combing for clues. Where do these quaint little previously crime-free towns get these bumbling Keystone cops?
Trusted Contributor

I really liked the first one and look forward to watching this new one. I have to say that I really didn't like Hallmarks two other premiere mystery movies, the Nanny one and the wedding caterer one, both really lacked in good acting skills and very weak writing, especially the Nanny one!