Super Contributor

GARAGE SALE MYSTERY: ALL THAT GLITTERS - Sun., Oct. 26th 9/8c - HMM

Lori Loughlin headlines another mystery series for Hallmark Movies and Mysteries that seems like an attempt to modernize for cable the Nancy Drew books that mesmerized so many of us as children. This suburban soccer mom is supposed to be a 21st century sleuth who scopes out garage sales for treasures to stock her consignment shop and stumbles upon mysteries in the process.

The latest entry, Garage Sale Mystery: All That Glitters, debuts on Sunday, October 26th at 9/8c. (see synopsis below).

If you missed the original GSM that served as the pilot that aired earlier this year, HMM is repeating it on the same night at 7 PM ET, immediately preceding Garage Sale Mystery: All That Glitters.

For Garage Sale Mystery: All That Glitters info, cast bios, previews, etc.: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/garagesalemystery

It's not Agatha Christie-level suspense, but they're pleasantly enjoyable, mainly because of Loughlin's personality. - Keri

=========================================================

About The Movie (from Broadcasting & Cable)

Jennifer Shannon (Loughlin) has a gift for finding rare treasures hidden in garage sales that she can resell at her consignment store, Rags to Riches. But her keen eye for finding valuables also gets her involved in the criminal investigations that happen at the very second-hand sales she frequents. When Jennifer’s friend and self-storage facility owner Martin (Michael Kopsa) turns up murdered—just hours after auctioning off an abandoned storage unit full of unique items to Jennifer—she is immediately pulled on the case as a key eyewitness. Working with Detective Lynwood (Kevin O’Grady), Jennifer helps single out a disgruntled customer as the prime suspect, while she and her business partner, Danielle (Strange), sift through boxes from the auction. As her husband Jason (Bacic) worries about her safety, Jennifer starts to get over her head when there is a break-in at her store, and a run-in with Martin’s angry wife. Then, Jennifer and Danielle discover their new merchandise contains the sparkly evidence they needed all along to nail the surprising real culprit, and they must race to save a life—and put their own on the line.

“Garage Sale Mystery: All That Glitters” is a Bargain Street Productions II Ltd. Production. Jonathan Axelrod, Harvey Kahn, Alan Ett and Peter DeLuise are the executive producers. Peter DeLuise directs from a script by Walter Klenhard based on the novel Garage Sale Stalker by Suzi Weinert.

Super Contributor

Re: GARAGE SALE MYSTERY: ALL THAT GLITTERS - Sun., Oct. 26th 9/8c - HMM

Thanks for the posts on the Hallmark movies. I like them. I know they're not true crime and there's no blood and guts, but at my advancing age I can only watch so much Game of Thrones type shows.

The one difference I noticed in this movie and the first is that they changed her husband. The first husband was believable and handsome, but the photos I've seen of the new husband, they don't seem to match well to me. We'll see.

Thanks and keep the info coming.

War Eagle!
Super Contributor

Good catch, MESPal. Your alternate screen name should be "Eagle Eyes." Perhaps they thought they could change husbands like the old Bewitched switch. Remember when Darrin Stephens (Di~ck York) morphed into Darrin Stephens 2.0 (Di~ck Sargent) and no one was supposed to notice? Who bothers about that sort of thing, right Renee Zellweger and Bruce Jenner?
Honored Contributor

I remember that. Was D. York ill or something? Can't remember.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for telling about this. I saw the first one. So many on Sundays to record.

Honored Contributor

Isn't that the truth!

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Judaline said:

I remember that. Was D. York ill or something? Can't remember.

Yes, that's true, Judaline. Di~ck York's story is a sad tale of injury, addiction and illness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Di~ck_York

Due to the QVC Forum filter, I had to insert (~) in the link. I don't know if it'll work that way. If not, just remove the (~) and it should take you to a fairly accurate albeit depressing account of how his life and career spiraled out of control after achieving success early on, ultimately ending with his death in 1992 at age 63.

Honored Contributor

I just tried to set the recording on my DISH network and it says the 9pm show is a re-run and the original air date was 1-1-2014 ...... hmmm ......

Super Contributor

Tinkrbl44, I just checked and the original GSM movie that served as a pilot was shot in 2013 and made its debut on Sept. 14th. Since then, probably there have been a few repeats, including tonight's at 7 PM preceding the made-for-cable movie series' second entry, GSM: All That Glitters at 9 PM.

Perhaps DISH just abbreviated the title in its schedule and neglected to add GSM:ATG, failing to realize they're different. If I were you, I'd trust Hallmark's press release: original GSM at 7 PM; new movie, GSM:ATG at 9 PM or record both to be absolutely certain.

***Edited To Add***
DISH and cable often can be like comparing apples and oranges, but for what it's worth, the COMCAST listings (which they were very slow in loading) show:
7 PM - GSM
9 PM - GSM:ATG
11 PM - GSM:ATG (repeat of 9 PM movie)
Additional repeats of GSM:ATG - Mon 5 PM and Tu 9 AM

I hope you enjoy either or both movies. Loughlin is wonderful; an excellent choice of lead for this new HMM franchise and very good fit with the other mystery movies: Wedding Planner Mystery and possibly Cameron Mathison's undercover detective series that began with Along Came a Nanny.

As I said previously, these aren't thrillers, there are no gruesome crime scenes, no graphic, gratuitous violence, no language that you wouldn't want your children to hear. These movies are light entertainment; just an interesting way to spend a couple of hours watching an enjoyable mystery.

Super Contributor

I don't see them on my guide today. Is this on a second Hallmark channel? I see mentioned a new franchise.