Respected Contributor

We absolutely loved him in his stand up " I'm Starvin" and asked our doctor if he had seen it?  He replied that he had not and that John had passed away.  Couldn't believe it so we Googled it and it was true.

I fall for anyone that can make me laugh and he was one of my favorites!  Rest In Peace!

If you want to see great comedy please watch this stand up and you will see what I mean.

CathyWoman SadWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny Man John Pinette

[ Edited ]

I can not believe it!!!!

We went to see him on October 8, 2013. I did not know he died. We saw him at the Keswick Theatre.

I keep hearing him on the Comedy USA Radio Channel. We even talked about going to see him when he appeared at the Keswick Theatre again.

I still can not believe it. 

Honored Contributor

I will never forget we were driving to the shore and Comedy USA had his routine "the water park". We were laughing so hard.

And then on the way home we heard the routine "Chinese Restaurant". We had tears rolling down our faces. That is when we said we have to see this guy in person. 

I am so glad we did see him in person. 

He was 50 when he died. I still can't believe we did not know it. So sad to hear that.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I will never forget we were driving to the shore and Comedy USA had his routine "the water park". We were laughing so hard.

And then on the way home we heard the routine "Chinese Restaurant". We had tears rolling down our faces. That is when we said we have to see this guy in person. 

I am so glad we did see him in person. 

He was 50 when he died. I still can't believe we did not know it. So sad to hear that.

Yes,  water park H, I, J, the Speedo, Free Willie, he was so good!  I wish we could have seen him in person.  So glad you did!

Honored Contributor

During his show he mentioned that he lived outside Philadelphia. So after the show we talked about the fact that he might be doing upcoming shows in the Philadelphia area. We said we would keep an eye out for his upcoming shows. We also live outside Philadelphia.

But we never noticed him appearing in the area - now we know why.

I read that his funeral was in Springfield, PA. So I think it would have been mentioned on the news. I can't help but wonder if we were away on vacation.

He put on quite a show. It looked like he had lost some weight. He stood the entire show and I think it ended about 10:30 (it started at 8:00). A long time for one person to keep you laughing. But the night flew by. That is why we talked about seeing him again.

But as he talked that night - I feel that he really enjoyed his life and his family. So even though he was 50 when he died. He really enjoyed those 50 years.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

We absolutely loved him in his stand up " I'm Starvin" and asked our doctor if he had seen it?  He replied that he had not and that John had passed away.  Couldn't believe it so we Googled it and it was true.

I fall for anyone that can make me laugh and he was one of my favorites!  Rest In Peace!

If you want to see great comedy please watch this stand up and you will see what I mean.

CathyWoman SadWoman LOL

Guess What! One of the kids tonight for Halloween was John Pinette!