Valued Contributor

Re: Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

No vaccine is 100% effective.  95% rate of efficacy is as good as it gets.  And if it most likely keeps one out of the hospital or dying should they still get Covid, that sounds good enough to me.

Bill may have gotten a false positive result, since he was fully vaccinated.  In any event, it no doubt is the reason he is asymptomatic.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

A number of the NY Yankees have tested positive and have already had the vaccine.

I read that the Yankees received the J & J.  J & J is only like 66% effective.

I wish they would have said which one Maher received. 

Honored Contributor

Since very few vaccinated people undergo weekly testing like the Yankees or Mahr I think there are many more asymptomatic break through cases than is realized. I think there are also more mild cases that vaccinated persons attribute to some other cause than COVID. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

So utterly ridiculous.  I believe NOTHING they tell us.  They play with our lives and on fear.  

@rms1954 

Oh, come on ......   This whole covid thing came out of nowhere last year, and information has repeatedly changed as more becomes known.    Information and statistics reported by hospitals and medical people is reviewed and then updates are made, as deemed necessary.  Obviously that doesn't mean "they" changed their mind or are "playing" with anyone's life.  

Just curious ... since you don't believe what "they" tell you .... whoever "they" is ..... if you want accurate information, just what or who do you consider to be  reliable sources?