Honored Contributor

Re: Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

@Johnnyeager wrote:

We do know.   HBO disclosed it in the press release:

The Friday, May 14th taping of Real Time With Bill Maher has been cancelled. Bill tested positive during weekly staff PCR testing for COVID. He is fully vaccinated and as a result is asymptomatic and feels fine. Real Time production has taken every precaution following COVID CDC guidelines. No other staff or crew members have tested positive at this time. The show will be rescheduled at a later date

And I mentioned it in my thread title.

Esteemed Contributor

I think we all know that many, many posters read absolutely nothing beyond a title.  It continues to astound and perplex me.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The title of this thread is misleading.

It should say that he tested positive for the virus not COVID. 

COVID is the disease which is caused by the virus. He doesn't have the disease. He has the virus.

@SilleeMee  It's my thread title and I don't think I have misled anyone except you. 

Here's an analogy:

A person can test positive for HIV and not have AIDS. 

Same goes for a person testing positive for coronavirus and not have COVID.

Honored Contributor

People who have had a flu shot can still get the flu. Don't people know this stuff?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The title of this thread is misleading.

It should say that he tested positive for the virus not COVID. 

COVID is the disease which is caused by the virus. He doesn't have the disease. He has the virus.

@SilleeMee  It's my thread title and I don't think I have misled anyone except you. 

Here's an analogy:

A person can test positive for HIV and not have AIDS. 

Same goes for a person testing positive for coronavirus and not have COVID.

And my thread title states he tested positive, not that he has COVID.  Sheesh, enough already!  @SilleeMee 

Honored Contributor

Oh for crying out loud, while technically the term 'Covid' refers to the illness, it's pretty clearly been widely co-oped to refer to both the virus and the illness. So be it. Everyone pretty much knows what is meant and it's easier than saying 'novel corona virus' or remembering SARS-Co-V-2... Moving on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

@Kitty Galore Yes you can still get Covid.  I read about a nursing home in Kentucky that had all 77 residents vaccinated.  Someone came in who was infected and spread it to 22 people....some got critically ill.

My neighbor got her vaccines over the winter.  She tested positive just after Mother's Day.

Honored Contributor

The CDC has recently come out and said the chances of an asymptomatic vaccinated person spreading the virus is nearly 0.

Also, comparing the effectiveness of Moderna and Pfizer to J&J is comparing apples to oranges because they weren't tested under the same circumstances/in the same conditions.       

Esteemed Contributor

They keep changing what you can and cannot do with mask. I think because they want everyone vaccinated, they are telling people, if vaccinated, you can go without mask. 

Cal. is changing the rules also as of June 15th no masks required if vaccinated.  They are lying to all of us, but better chance if you are vaccinated.

Some in my family won't get vaccinated and though I worry about them, they have been out there living a lot more than me that has been vaccinated.  I feel we are lied to a lot, depending on the govenor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The word COVID is an abbreviation for the disease caused by the coronavirus. You are sick and have symptoms...a disease state called COVID. You can test positive for the virus and not have COVID. You don't get COVID after vaccinated. But you can still get the virus. 

So much misuse/misunderstanding of the word "COVID" here.

The media often uses Covid and coronavirus interchangeably as well.

It has been reported by news outlets that Bill Maher tested positive for Covid-19.