Trusted Contributor

Re: Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

@Mindy D That's a good question.  Also, you don't have the full immunity until at least a couple of weeks has passed.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

So utterly ridiculous.  I believe NOTHING they tell us.  They play with our lives and on fear.  

@rms1954  So just ignore them.

I do.

Frequent Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

Don't know where you got your information, but the vaccine has never been touted as being 100% effective. It is common knowledge, if paying attention to reliable information, that it is still possible to contract the virus even if fully vaccinated.  This isn't new information.

Trusted Contributor

Today EIGHT members of the NY Yankees (baseball) have tested positive for Covid.   All the team members and the team workers were vaccinated.   

Study up on the vaccines.   You can still get Covid after being vaccinated and it is not uncommon.   A person has the same immunity if they recovered from Covid in the past.   And the side effects are many and varied and some are still unknown.

I feel that there is A LOT of information that is being suppressed on this subject.   

BTW, I did get the J&J shot (allergic to the others) but I take a profylactic drug, which I trust more.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

Getting the vaccine keeps you from getting sick in the hospital or dying.  All reasons you should get the vaccine. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

So utterly ridiculous.  I believe NOTHING they tell us.  They play with our lives and on fear.  

@rms1954  So just ignore them.

I do.

Being informed on the vaccine is critical, it does not prevent you from getting Covid, but it does prevent you from getting sick, hospitalized, and dying. That information is available for anybody who does even a little bit of research instead of saying "I believe nothing they tell us."  

Honored Contributor

The title of this thread is misleading.

It should say that he tested positive for the virus not COVID. 

COVID is the disease which is caused by the virus. He doesn't have the disease. He has the virus.

Trusted Contributor

If he is fully Vaxed and had no symptems why would he even get tested??

Honored Contributor

It should be pointed out that the vast majority of those who get Covid don't need hospitalization. It's generally believed that only 1%-5% of those who get infected end up in the hospital. Something like 80% have no symptoms at all. Fifteen percent (give or take a bit) have milder, flu-like symptoms that don't require hospitalization. Most people assume the risks of being hospitalized and dying are much higher than they are.

One health care system in NJ (Hackensack/Meridian Health) back on April 22, on the northjersey.com site listed 126 breakthrough infections in people who'd gotten at least one vaccination and 10-12 cases in people who had been vaccinated with both shots for more than two weeks. Some of those patients ended up needing to be hospitalized. The vaccines are far from perfect based on that and don't always prevent hospitalizations. And that's just one health care system in NJ. We have lots of them. 

Were those who got infected despite the vaccinations just incredibly careless? Maybe. Were they just unlucky? Maybe again. It's just smart for those who assume the vaccinations make you immune to look around and see how many breakthroughs there are. Breakthrough infections aren't being widely reported as they differ from the preferred narrative, but they're happening and on a pretty large scale. Bear in mind this is also the time of the year when the infection rate should drop with more people outside getting more sun exposure. Seasonal viruses like covid tend to diminish in the warmer, sunnier months. We'll truly learn how effective the vaccines are in the fall when the virus will resurface as a larger threat.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The production company for his show still requires all cast and crew to be tested, regardless of status.

It's the same way 7 Yankees staff and 1 player were diagnosed: even though all were vaccinated, MLB still requires testing.