Honored Contributor

Re: Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

So utterly ridiculous.  I believe NOTHING they tell us.  They play with our lives and on fear.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore  The covid vaccine is similar to the flu vaccine in that it doesn't guarantee that you won't get covid, just that your symptoms would be as bad. Just as there are may flu variants, there are different variants of the covid and a vaccine can't prevent every one of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

So utterly ridiculous.  I believe NOTHING they tell us.  They play with our lives and on fear.  

Agree.

Respected Contributor

What is ridiculous and who are they?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if he was exposed prior to the two weeks post vaccination. I wonder if he had one of the mRNA two shot vacs or if he had the J & J? Hope he stays ok and has no long COVID symptoms. 

Honored Contributor

The Moderna and Pfizer vaxes are both around 95% effective while the J&J single dose one has a lower effective rate..I think I read 65% or 66%.  I don't know what vax Maher got. And yes, as I posted in my first post, he shows no symptoms and only knew he was positive from the test.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

@Kitty Galore You can still get it but it should not be as life threatening.  

@Tadaki "Should" being the operative word here. . . Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

A number of the NY Yankees have tested positive and have already had the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  So just ignore them.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ , yes,but I read they recieved the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which has a lower rate of preventing the virus.