Honored Contributor

Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

[ Edited ]

Taping of his May 14th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Foxnews

Edited to fix typo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fully Vaccinated Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you have a 95%+ chance of not getting it, but there is always a chance.

Just like other things in life that aren't at 100% guarantee, read the fine print..... 

I can think of one particular item that I won't mention but you can figure out.  Protection was not guaranteed at 100% and there are babies out there to proof it. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Taping of his May 24th show was canceled. He tested positive as all staff is tested. He is asymptomatic.

Source: Fox

i thought once totally vaccinated you could not get covid.    I feel there is so much more to know about this vaccine ,  it's so new so it stands to reason that nothing is 100% no matter what they tell us . 

@Kitty Galore You can still get it but it should not be as life threatening.  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore I read and heard on the news early on that it was possible to contract COVID  even if vaccinated. Nothing was ever said that the vaccine was 100% effective, more like 95%.

Good enough for me. Glad I got it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The vaccine offers 95% protection which means 5 out of every 100 could be infected. The good news is being asymptomatic. It is my understanding that the 5% could very well be protected from serious illness. Sounds like the vaccine is doing its job. The bad news is that others who came in contact could have been infected even though he was fully vaccinated.

Esteemed Contributor

he probably caught it from it from anti-maxer/anti-vaxer

his  vaccine should hopefully save him from hospitalization and Death

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I think you have a 95%+ chance of not getting it, but there is always a chance.

Just like other things in life that aren't at 100% guarantee, read the fine print..... 

I can think of one particular item that I won't mention but you can figure out.  Protection was not guaranteed at 100% and there are babies out there to proof it. 

LoL😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

OP said he was asymptomatic which means he has no symptoms. Not everybody who tests positive gets deathly ill.  In fact most don't.   It actually could also just be a false positive test result.

Honored Contributor

It is 95% effective and if you do get the virus, it isn't life threatening.  That is enough for me and I am glad I am vaccinated. 

I watch Bill Maher weekly and wish him a speedy recovery.  I will wait to hear his story when he returns to his show.