Honored Contributor

We watched it last night and it was great, my hubby and I totally enjoyed it. It brought back so many memories of life as it was.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Friends Reunion on HBO Max

I watched it last night too, and really enjoyed it.  There were a few unnecessary moments (celebrities saying what Friends meant to them), but for the most part, I really liked it.

Honored Contributor

I suspect that they left a lot out so that they can do a part 2.  I was surprised we didn't hear more from some of the guest stars.

But I enjoyed it a lot.  Laughed and cried.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Just watched it tonight and loved it.  Fun to see the clips, their remembrances, and the bonds between them all.  

The one part I did not like was the "fashion show" with celebrities modeling.  Didn't need to see a Justin Bieber or others.  (Joey/ Matt LeBlanc was funny!).  Why not just show clips?

Honored Contributor

I think they are trying to appeal to a very broad audience, so they figured out ways to get very popular people on this so that the young kids who stream will be introduced to the show and want to stream it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching and it kind of made me want to watch the old shows again! I really think there's a lot there I don't remember - but I also think I'm falling for the nostalgia as I know there was plenty I didn't like about the show (that entire Joey/Rachel storyline, for example.) 

I didn't mind the fashion show so much - I was bothered more with Kit Harrington and David Beckham's section. Even Lady Gaga was unnecessary.  At least Reese Witherspoon was actually in Friends to be included!  As someone else mentioned, I really liked the part where they showed how the show effected people from around the world.  However, I must have been cutting onions during that, because my eyes were beginning to tear up (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Honored Contributor

I finally watched this today and enjoyed every minute of it.  I was glad it wasn't just a whole show of the cast sitting on the couch talking.  It was beautifully varied between that, scenes and a few current readings, people dropping by, different parts where they spent time in the various sets, and the silly costume fashion show.  Never been a fan of Bieber but that was kind of cute.

I liked the bit with Lady Gaga singing with "Phoebe".  It was fun.

I loved the people from all over the world talking about what the show meant to them.  Nice seeing Malala again, too.  Hadn't seen her in ages.

I do not want a single minute of the time I spent watching the show back.   I thoroughly enjoyed all the different bits.  Oh!  Outtakes, too.   I love seeing outtakes and some of those were just hilarioius.

In a few days I'll probably have forgotten pretty much all of it so I can watch it again and still love it.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite comments I've read on this show is "B*O*T*O*X:  The Reunion". lol....man Courtney and Jennifer's faces were pumped up.

Saw the show at DD's the other night.

I read that the reason they didn't have people like Paul Rudd or Cole Sprouse (Ross' son) or various other people who were actually on the show on is there just wasn't time for everybody....yet we got those time fillers for random people who had absolutely no ties to the show that I, for one, don't care what it meant to them.  I thought that and that fashion show were absolute time fillers, and didn't care to focus on Gaga during Lisa's  "Smelly Cat".  I don't think they needed any of that and for me it detracted from the show rather than enhancing it but I understand many people enjoyed it. 

But putting that stuff aside I found the show very enjoyable and some LOL moments.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it, I was a fan of Friends when it originally aired. HBO Max has all the episodes too, I started binge watching those.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"