Honored Contributor

Friday 8/21/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

Well, that was depressing. Last night's HOH comp was one that completely favored a bigger houseguest and with Austin towering over the rest of the houseguests, he won pretty easily. James put up a valiant fight but Austin's strides are so much longer than James' that James has to take four or five strides to match what Austin does in three.

After winning HOH Austin's thoughts immediately turned to who would be nominated. Austin pretty much immediately assured James and Meg they were safe. Julia was not happy about that. She met with Vanessa and rallied her to help her campaign against James and Meg.

Vanessa then went upstairs and chatted with Austin assuring him that she could control Steve, but that James was a threat to them all. She made some progress, but then Austin asked her if she thought James tried to throw the POV comp when Austin was to be backdoored and Vanessa stupidly lied and said she didn't know. Vanessa also said that Shelli told her that Steve and John had a final two deal. Austin was annoyed that Vanessa waited to tell him that.

At this moment Liz and Julia want James up on the block and would vote to evict him, but Austin wants John gone. The twins seem willing to go along with this as long as Steve and Vanessa are kept safe. (One suspects the twins would rather have a final three or four that doesn't include Austin.)

The Have Nots will likely be James and Meg who volunteered. The nominees will likely be John and Vanessa. (Maybe Steve, but Vanessa got herself in trouble withholding information and lying about James throwing the earlier POV.) We could see Meg put up as a pawn, but I doubt it.

While watching the feeds last night I was channel hopping on my TV and stumbled across an ad for a show called "Finding Bigfoot", well stop the presses, we've found him! He's living in the BB house! Clearly Austin is just a bigfoot that's been shaved and tattooed. He's got the size, strength, bulk, and head hair of Bigfoot. The only thing missing is the body hair. He could be a Bigfoot with alopecia. 

Oh well, another week of endless Liz and Austin canoodling, with minimal drama. Say goodbye to John, or less likely Vanessa, and pray someone good comes back next week. A nightmare scenario would be Steve and John nominated with Vanessa winning POV and using it on one of them, and then Meg or James going up as a replacement with the twins and Vanessa voting them out. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I'll post back later with more news.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Friday 8/21/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

Yup, figured he'd win when I saw the spread of the buttons.  Worst case scenario.  

"Finding Bigfoot"!  Gardenman, I hope you're able to wring lots more humor out of this totally not funny situation.  The big lug.  Ugh ugh ugh!

If he goes after John he will have wasted his HOH and that will count against him with the jury if  he (shudder) makes it to the end.  He has to get rid of James or Meg (sob) or Vanessa.

Respected Contributor

gardenman describing him as Bigfoot is perfect.  I watch the feeds on TV and you can see that he must shave for his tattoos because you can see where he misses and it's growing in.  That shower must be fingers on a chalk board gross.

Whenever Jackie was a have not I remember when they first went in that room and somebody said ewww austin had his big feet here.

Valued Contributor

I think this HOH comp was VERY unfair!!  My first thought right off the bat!!  I mean "REALLY"????  I could have predicted this before they started.  What is up Producers????  (They are giving it to AUSTIN/JUDAS)

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

I think this HOH comp was VERY unfair!!  My first thought right off the bat!!  I mean "REALLY"????  I could have predicted this before they started.  What is up Producers????  (They are giving it to AUSTIN/JUDAS)

This comp definitely favored the larger, rangier houseguests. Austin could almost stretch out and reach the button while the others had to scramble. It is what it is however. Some comps favor the smaller, lighter houseguests.

I am a little surprised they kept that comp up with Becky's bad toe. They knew about Becky's toe days before the comp and she'd have had no chance in that comp. I would have thought they'd substitute another comp that wouldn't have required dashing. The egg comp, a skill comp, a Q&A comp could have been easily swapped out that would have leveled the playing field. I kind of suspect they didn't encourage anyone to vote for Becky to stay so they didn't have to change the comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I wonder if production can't change a comp for reasons unknown to us?  Because I think this is the worst outcome for CBS too.  Another week of the gross Austin & Liz show may not affect the CBS show's ratings but I think it would be bad for BBAD's.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I wonder if production can't change a comp for reasons unknown to us?  Because I think this is the worst outcome for CBS too.  Another week of the gross Austin & Liz show may not affect the CBS show's ratings but I think it would be bad for BBAD's.

They have changed comps before when necessary. I believe last year they made a last minute comp switch on BOTB when Caleb announced beforehand that he was just going to sit on the sidelines and watch as Frankie lost the BOTB and Nicole stayed in power so they could get rid of Frankie. BB then swapped out comps to one that could be played by one person and Frankie won dethroning Nicole. Caleb reportedly faced a lot of pressure from the DR to participate, but when it was clear he wouldn't, they switched the comps. Of course it helps to be production's pet like Frankie, but they can do it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Oh wow, I forgot about that, and that's a good thing.  I have a condition called Frankamnesia.  It's beneficial!

According to realityblurred the Pink One had a show debut that totally tanked in the ratings.  Here's the link: Worst Post Ever Has Worst Ratings Ever although the headline says it all and that way you don't have to actually see his face.

Respected Contributor

Maybe there is an audience for austin and liz.   Why can't they just rewind?   Do they rewind often?

On one of those sites it said meg said gay guys love her and frankie was her favorite big brother house guest ever

Esteemed Contributor

Loudspeaker Announcement:

Big Brother fans: Go to the diary room immediately to take your meds!

Nah...those takes too long.

Maybe we should just hold out 'till five o'clock and do some shots. 

Of course it's almost five in Scotland and I've always wanted to try Drambuie.

(wonder many would it take to make this situation seem good?)