Honored Contributor

Friday 8/16/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Last night saw our annual slip and slide comp with Nick and Analyse getting off to fast starts only to fade badly a few minutes in. Jackson largely dominated from those first few minutes and won by a large margin. Holly was second, Christie third, Nick fourth, Nicole fifth, Analyse sixth, Cliff seventh, and Miss Marathon runner/fitness girl Jess came in dead last.  

With the comp over, the talk turned to what would Jackson do as HOH. His target is one hundred percent Christie. (No real surprise there.) He's not sure if he'll backdoor her, or put her up directly, but Christie is his target. He's likely to put her up opposite Cliff to start with, but we'll have to see. He's assured Cliff, that Cliff's not his target.

Christie, being Christie has assured her allies she's fine if she goes up and is even voted out of the house this week. She'll take it in stride. (Care to bet? She'll be a crying manifesting lunatic when/if she ends up on the block. Christie takes nothing in stride.) 

The people who seem absolutely safe this week are Holly, Jessica, Nicole and Jackson. Tommy looks safe for now, but that could change. Those at most risk are Christie (by far,) Analyse (second in line of extinction,) and Nick. Cliff seems relatively safe also despite likely being an early nominee. Jackson's confident that with Cliff on the block he'll have Nicole's and Jessica's votes and with Holly on his side that's all he needs. A three/three tie goes to Jackson to break the tie. He's afraid Cliff might vote to keep Christie if he's not on the block, so by putting Cliff on the block he can pretty much lock in Nicole's and Jessica's votes to keep Cliff and evict whoever's left. (Christie, Analyse, or Nick.) It's not a bad strategy.

So, today we'll see Christie waxing philosophically on how she doesn't mind going on the block (as opposed to last week when it was the end of the world) a belief she'll maintain until she ends up on the block. (If she does.) Then the tears and screaming will start and continue until she's finally given the boot. After the nominations tonight, then tomorrow we'll have the POV draw and the POV comp. Christie will want to be drawn herself if she's not nominated, or Nick, Tommy and Analyse drawn if she is nominated. Jackson will want some combination of Nicole, Jessica and Holly drawn no matter what.

If Christie's on the block, Nick or Tommy would likely save her. Back for a moment to something I said last week. Tommy pocketing the POV and letting Christie go last week might have been the best possible move for his game over the long term. He and Christie are still viewed as a couple in the game by many of the houseguests, and couples are rapidly becoming extinct. By keeping Christie he kept them as a couple and if at any point an HOH who views them as a couple can't get rid of Christie, well Tommy's next in line. He'd have likely been safer letting Christie go instead of saving her. He could have made deals for safety with nearly everyone (Cliff, Kat, Jackson, Holly, etc.) and been a likely final four or even final three partner, instead he saved Christie and bought her one more week in the game, but possibly exposed himself to greater risk.

Things should stay pretty quiet today as everyone campaigns to Jackson on what's best for him to do for their game. He's got his target set on Christie though and all he needs is to have her on the block after the POV meeting on Monday and his work will be done. He's got Nicole, Jessica and Holly locked in as votes to evict Christie, so he just needs Christie to be on the block then, whether by backdoor or being nominated tonight. As long as Christie is there on Monday after the POV meeting, Jackson will be happy. Poor Nicole will get besieged by Christie and her supporters for her vote again this week. She's becoming the permanent swing voter in the house which is a miserable spot to be in. Jessica might be able to be bought by the girl vote theory, but Jessica was, and still is, really annoyed that she was left out of the new alliance that formed and is pretty solidly with Holly and Jackson who were also left out. They know they were the three targets of the six and they're not happy about it.

So, this could be a bad week for the Christie lovers out there. She pretty much has to win POV or have Tommy or Nick win POV to be safe. (Not impossible.) Anyone else winning POV and Christie is likely gone. Jackson has three solid votes lined up behind him and a three/three tie is all he needs to evict Christie. I'll post back later tonight after the nominations are final, but for now, it appears to be Christie and Cliff as the nominees with Christie the target. Analyse or Nick could also be on the block opposite Cliff if Jackson opts to backdoor Christie, but for now, it seems like it'll be Christie and Cliff.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Friday 8/16/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Just a quick note on last night's costumes the houseguests were wearing. I had a second window up on my computer looking for "German costumes" as I couldn't remember what lederhosen were called. I knew they had a name, but it completely slipped my mind. I'm guessing Analyse had her lederhosen on under her chicken suit. Which may be why they gave her the new suit. Maybe this one was bigger to accomodate the lederhosen under it? I'm not sure if she's back in her chicken suit again now or not. Probably not, but I'll find out later when they're up and moving about.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman   There are Christie lovers out there??? It would be awesome if she gets booted this week.

Valued Contributor

Just watched Kat’s extended interview which was terrible.  This girl doesn’t know which end is up.  She deserves to be in the Jury House.  As bad as Christie may be, she is smarter than Kat.

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@gardenman   There are Christie lovers out there??? It would be awesome if she gets booted this week.

There are people who absolutely love Christie and consider her one of the best players ever. I'm not one of them, but there are people who adore her.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, Analyse is back in her chicken outfit again. I was wondering if they'd freed her yet, but not until tomorrow. They did let her shed it for the comp last night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Jackson has been taking meetings all morning without giving out too much information as to what he's planning to do. He did give Nicole and Cliff more reassurance than the others that they aren't his target even they end up on the block. From his earlier conversation with Holly it sounds like he's planning to nominate Christie and Sis but don't take that as gospel. 

Trusted Contributor

Since Christie has at least 2 people who will take her off the block if they win Veto, shouldn't Jackson backdoor her instead?   I wish he would put up Nick and Tommy and backdoor Christie.  However, that scenario is risky because someone winning the Veto could leave the noms the same, and Christie would still be in the house.  I think I just answered my own question!    But it would clarify it for me if @SusieQ_2  or @gardenman would tell me what I am missing!!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of backdooring people or using pawns. I think you always want a mental list of four or five people you're willing to lose and you put the top two up each time and hope for the best. If one comes down you put the next person on the list up.

My mental list of who I'd want gone if I was in the house would be Christie, Tommy, Nick, Jackson, Cliff (hard to beat from a social viewpoint), then it gets confusing. Analyse, Holly, Nicole and Jessica haven't really done a lot, so I'm not sure what order I'd put them in. I'd be reasonably confident I could beat them in mental comps and some physical comps. Which of those four would I feel most confident against in the final two? Analyse hasn't really done anything to deserve the win, but she has friends in the jury. Holly has fewer friends but is a tougher physical threat and pretty strong mental threat. Nicole and Jessica are largely space fillers as of now, so one of them would likely be my final two. I'd probably get rid of Holly first of those four. Maybe Jessica next and keep Analyse and Nicole as the final three. Unless she started winning, I'd probably take Nicole to the final two given a choice.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, G'man!   Is your leg still improving?