Honored Contributor

Friday 8/09/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Last night saw Jack get dismissed from the BB house and Julie then spank him on live national TV as he sat there a bit stunned and confused by it all. Poor old Jack thought he was going to have fun with Julie only to find her putting him on trial for crimes against social justice. Welcome to the world of 2019 Jack.

Tommy won HOH and briefly started taking game advice from Analyse. Yeah, that'll work out well. God knows no one knows the game quite the way that Analyse does. "Wait, what's this show called again? Bachelorette Island or something like that?" Suffice to say Tommy has now moved on to taking game advice from others instead.

The big mystery of what Tommy would do has largely been solved. His goal this week is to expunge Kat from the house. (Sure, let's get rid of one of the few people in the house who are fun to watch.) His plan is to put up Cliff and Kat and even pull down Cliff and put up Nicole as the pawn if he wins POV to ensure Kat goes.

Tommy's goal is to reunite what's left of the Six Shooters (Christie, Holly, Jackson, Analyse and himself) and ride those five to the finale. There is the slight problem that Jackson and Holly don't want to be part of the Six Shooters any longer, but whatever. Christie, naturally enough claims credit for Tommy's HOH win as she manifested it and just knows God gave her the ability to help Tommy win to make up for the loss of Jack. Christie also thinks Jack is the shoe-in for AFP. (Yeah, not so much. Especially after getting spanked on live national TV last night by Julie. Whatever slim chance he had evaporated when Mistress Julie took the whip to him.)

Now Tommy's plan to have total and complete control of the house could implode rather badly on him within a matter of hours. The Field Trip takes place today. The top three vote getters will get pulled from the house and forced to compete in a new competition of some sort. Odds are some combination of Jackson, Analyse, Christie, Nick, Holly, and maybe Jess will be the three sent off to compete based on Joker's voting and popularity polls. One will come back safe, one an automatic nomination and one with a punishment. If all three sent on the Field Trip are allies of Tommy's then one of his allies will be on the block. If that ally stays on the block after the POV, then it's likely goodbye ally. (Christie won't claim credit for manifesting that I bet.)

Let's assume Christie, Jackson and Analyse are picked for the field trip. (Not a bad assumption based on the polling I've seen.) Le'ts say Jackson wins the comp making himself safe. Analyse gets the punishment (likely a unitard of some sort.) And Christie ends up the third nominee. Christie is Jackson's target and with him safe, his and Holly's votes would go to evicting Christie. Whichever two of Jessica, Nicole, Kat, Cliff, and maybe Nick who weren't nominess would also likely vote out Christie and it would be goodbye Christie on Tommy's HOH.

We're apt to be without feeds much of the day as the field trip takes place. They'll likely keep us blacked out from the time the houseguests learn of the field trip until the three who leave are back. The outcome of that could affect Tommy's planned nominations. If you go by Joker's poll the three favorite houseguests are Nicole (living in the number one slot for weeks now), Cliff, Kat, Jess, and Holly. Assuming voters for the field trip picked their least favorites, those five should be relatively safe. That puts Tommy's allies at most risk. After the field trip we'll have the nominations, so much of the day will be feed free.

This could be a fun week for the anti-Christie crowd and a really bad week for Tommy as the field trip could hijack his HOH. Maybe they'll turn the feeds back on after telling the houseguests about the field trip and who the thre going on the trip are going to be. They could be thrilled to hear that America voted for them to take a field trip. Christie will be ecstatic. "America loves us!" When they find out one will be an automatic nominee, one punished and only one safe. That viewpoint may change to "America hates us!" Of course, you never know how the more casual voters will vote, but generally speaking Jokers' polls are pretty accurate.

I'll post back later today after we learn who went on the field trip and the outcome of that. In a perfect world for me, Christie would come back from the field trip already on the block and heading for the exit next Thursday. That probably won't happen, but we'll see. I wasn't expecting Julie to spank Jack on live national TV last night, so this is a season to defy expectations. (By BB standards what Jack said and did was not all that far out of line. We've seen much worse stuff said and not exposed, but the times they are a changing.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Friday 8/09/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I got the impression that Jack was not all that surprised at Julie's questions which makes me think that the show gave him a heads up that these subjects were going to be discussed.

Valued Contributor

As of fan of bb what they did to JACK live on national television was disgusting,i really feel terrible for him to be put into a spot like that.he realy held his cool pretty good. if it was me it would of been different.how dare do the producers do that to him and poor julie to ask him about those incidents.this should of been taken care of differently.my opinion........

Honored Contributor

Interesting how suddenly Jack is gone because he offended a lot of fans and production decided it was time for him to exit. It speaks to the fact that many of the accusations that the show is scripted are probably true.

I expect that Jackson will soon be gone. He is every bit as offensive. Personally, I do not feel any sympathy for Jack. He behaved badly and got his just rewards...

Valued Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

As of fan of bb what they did to JACK live on national television was disgusting,i really feel terrible for him to be put into a spot like that.he realy held his cool pretty good. if it was me it would of been different.how dare do the producers do that to him and poor julie to ask him about those incidents.this should of been taken care of differently.my opinion........

Unfair to Jack?  Just curious, do you watch the feeds or are you a casual? What's unfair is the way he treated several of the women in the house. We don't sweep that stuff under the rug anymore. 

Honored Contributor

There's a reason Jack was not a favorite of mine. He's a bit of a jerk, but BB knew that going in. They cast people to be controversial. They do the psych evaluations fairly early on in the testing process, so they know what they're getting. I'm pretty sure Jack had no clue he was going to get spanked. If he did, he sure didn't tell the others. Christie thinks he's America's Favorite Player. Yeah, not so much.

If BB didn't want controversy, they'd cast older, and/or more mature players. Cliff and Nicole are two of the more mature players this year and both take great pains to avoid controversy as much as possible. A show filled with Cliffs and Nicoles might not be that much fun to watch though. Kat and Holly are also somewhat saner players. Guys like Jackson and Jack are cast to play the villain role. They just don't generally get called out for the things they say and do while in the house.

BB casts heroes and villains each season. This year's heroes were to be Cliff, Nicole, Ovi, Holly, Kat (maybe), David (not sure), Jessica, Sam, and maybe Tommy. On the villain side you had Jack, Jackson, Christie, Kemi (reported mean girl who played pretty tame though and turned into more of a hero, maybe due to Nicole's influence on her), Analyse, Isabella, and probably Nick.

Go back for all 21 seasons of BB and you'll find them always casting heroes and villains. Sometimes they get the mix wrong and end up with too many villains, sometimes the villains win. They don't generally get called out by Julie though. I suspect this was more personal. I don't think she liked Jack and struck him down as a result. Hey, it's more or less her show so why not? It's not so much fun for Jack, but it's a heck of a wake-up call for what he can expect when he gets back out in the real world. A lot of former houseguests get out thinking they were loved only to find out they were hated. Jack won't have that eye-opening moment when he gets out. He learned it last night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenmanI actually think Jackson is much worse than Jack. I liked Jack at times in the house. Jackson? Not so much. 

I wish they'd get rid of Robbin in casting. She's run her course.

Honored Contributor

@KKali wrote:

@gardenmanI actually think Jackson is much worse than Jack. I liked Jack at times in the house. Jackson? Not so much. 

I wish they'd get rid of Robbin in casting. She's run her course.

I'm not a fan of either, but I think it depends on what part of a person's personality you dislike more. I really hate arrogant people and Jack was more arrogant, at least in my eyes. Jackson's no saint, far from it, but he was playing the game. He was making side alliances. He tried to stay reasonably friendly with everyone. He's a bit of a jerk who threw away food and was the food police for the house. He used up the house's mouthwash intentionally by taking a swig everytime he was near the bathroom. He was, and likely still is, a bit of a jerk.

But he also humbled himself by staying in the Have Not room even while not a Have Not. I just can't picture Jack locking himself away for a week without being forced to do so. Jackson has more or less owned up to his actions and seems to be trying to conform better. At least while not HOH and at risk.

It also didn't help Jack in my eyes that Christie, Tommy and Analyse all thought he was something of a God and played to his ego and were devastated when he got voted out. It wasn't as bad as the Jesse worship in BB eleven, (I loved Jesse's funeral after his eviction) but it was getting close to that. 

Right up until yesterday Jack seemed to find it nearly impossible to fathom that anyone would truly want to get him out of the game. He just assumed everyone was holding out for a better deal and if he offered the right deal they'd let him stay. Uh, no. He just seemed stunned that they were letting him leave the game. Jackson was more like, "Hey, do what's best for your game." Jack was more like, "But you don't understand! I can't win if you vote me out! Why aren't you smart enough to see that?" They were smart enough to see that. That's why he's gone.

To me, Jack's arrogance made him less tolerable than Jackson's jerkiness. His condescension when talking with Nicole and Jessica ("They'd never get a chance to talk to a guy like me outside the house.") was really annoying. If you really hate jerks and can tolerate arrogance more than me, you'd probably prefer Jack over Jackson. Neither guy's really all that much of a prize though. I don't think I'd be best buds with either one outside of the house.

In terms of game, Jackson has burned enough bridges that it's unlikely he'd win if you took him to the final two. If you took Jack, or he took you, he'd likely have won with the support of his in house minions who adored him. In this case it's kind of like choosing between spoiled milk and rotten eggs as to which is your favorite. The right answer is neither, but I could tolerate Jackson more than Jack. Other's opinions can vary on that. Neither one is a prize though.

By the way, I'd love to have been able to read Jack's mind last night as Julie questioned him. I've got to look up the full interview later today and see if she backed off a bit later. He was a bit shook at how things went down. They actually voted him out, then instead of being hailed by Julie as the star of the show, and told he and Analyse were this year's Jeff and Jordan and beloved by America, she tore him a new one. It was not at all what he expected. I suspect his mind was reeling. The BB shrinks likely had to talk him down from the roof of the studio after the show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenmanI had the feeling they gave him a heads up. Some of his answers sounded rehearsed. He's more articulate than I expected.

Yes, Jack is the epitome of arrogance. Entitlement bothers me more than arrogance and Jackson is certainly entitled. I certainly respect your opinion and enjoy and friendly discussion.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KKali wrote:

@gardenmanI had the feeling they gave him a heads up. Some of his answers sounded rehearsed. He's more articulate than I expected.

Yes, Jack is the epitome of arrogance. Entitlement bothers me more than arrogance and Jackson is certainly entitled. I certainly respect your opinion and enjoy and friendly discussion.

I know the DR had talked to both him and Jackson during the season about incidents, but I'm not sure if he got briefed last night before heading out to face Julie. He looked a bit surprised by it all to me. He covered for himself pretty well all things considered, but I just got the impression he was a bit blindsided last night. We'll likely find out after the season when he gets back online. I suspect people will want to know if he knew she was going to confront him.

I would have liked to have had a camera on Kemi and Isabella watching it last night. That could have been fun. Heck, a live feed of the existing houseguests watching Julie take down Jack last night on the living room TV could have been fun. This cast would become very, very careful in what they said after watching that. Christie's reaction would have been especially fun to see. They're all kind of used to the smiling happy Julie and not the more pit-bull version of her.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!