Trusted Contributor

Re: Friday 7/24/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Why do Clay[who hasn't won anything]and shelly ,stay in the h.o.h. room for along time with Vanessa and discuss what to do,why is it everyone seems to think of them as untouchable?I would think it is so funny if somehow clay goes home this week . Also what is with Vanessa and her don't tell me a lie. she lies all the time,why can't others,she bugs me, she doesn't need the money [supposedly] so I don't want her to win.Tucka.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucka wrote:

Why do Clay[who hasn't won anything]and shelly ,stay in the h.o.h. room for along time with Vanessa and discuss what to do,why is it everyone seems to think of them as untouchable?I would think it is so funny if somehow clay goes home this week . Also what is with Vanessa and her don't tell me a lie. she lies all the time,why can't others,she bugs me, she doesn't need the money [supposedly] so I don't want her to win.Tucka.

I agree about Vanessa and her constant preoccupation of coming up with reasons she deems will be acceptable to the other houseguests as to why she does what she does. I think it's her way of "getting the least amount of blood on her hands" so people won't have a reason to target her in the future which probably won't work anyway.

I used to feel like you do about people winning based on how much they need the money. It's always nice to see someone win who could ultimately improve their life. Now though I feel like everyone goes in having the same chance at winning and if someone plays smarter than someone else, regardless of their economic standing, I think they deserve to win. 

Respected Contributor

Earlier I tuned in on the middle of a conversation and I think Vanessa wants the twins to stay she was telling shelli that they both would be grateful to shellie and her but that isn't what jackie wants.   I liked vanessa in the beginning but now I don't.  I think vanessa is planning an alliance with her, twins, clay and shelli.

Esteemed Contributor

Just when I was getting used to Vanessa's blue beanie there was poll saying she's getting ready to retire it. The poll question was "what would you like to see her wear in place of the beanie?

A) A red beanie

B) James' visor

C) Austin's Judas hat

D) this one I'm not sure of but I think it was a bandana

Last night the majority of votes went to Austin's Judas hat!

Honored Contributor

Well, so much for that plan. James and Liz somehow won the BOTB and are off the block. Jackie is dethroned as HOH and Vanessa is in charge with Clay and Becky on the block. (For now anyway.) I'm thinking a significant portion of the house might just vote Clay out if he stays on the block, so the POV looks kind of important to Shelli right about now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

In the few times I have watched BBAD, I have not been able to ascertain if Shelli and Clay are a "real" couple - it seems that Clay likes her more than she likes him, from the bit I have seen. 

Does anyone else know if they really are falling for each other? Or just using each other for the game?  It would seem that the others would want to break them up and send one of them out, so this might be their chance to get Clay out.  JMO

Respected Contributor

Gardenman what is your take on this?  Vanessa seemed to be blaming James.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

Gardenman what is your take on this?  Vanessa seemed to be blaming James.

It's not completely James fault, but it's largely James fault. He was supposed the throw the comp and he'd agreed to do whatever it took to lose the BOTB. Clay and Becky should have been able to beat James even if James was trying, but for whatever reason they didn't. Julia and Liz apparently rotated just before the comp, so Vanessa never got a chance to fill her in on the plan.

To recap, the plan was to have James throw the BOTB to keep Jackie as HOH. The POV would then be played and James would be saved from the block and Austin would go up opposite his beloved Liz. It was more or less expected that Austin would throw himself on the sword and go out meekly to help save Liz. Since Jackie and Austin have no real relationship, she could get away with it with no trouble.

With James winning, Liz is no longer on the block so if they backdoor Austin it will be Austin against either Clay or Becky. Austin will campaign furiously against those two and could end up getting the votes to stay, despite the whole house wanting him gone as of yesterday.

Today they pick the POV players and if Austin isn't picked, or is picked and doesn't win, he's still likely going up on the block. It's just going to be a lot more dramatic now. He'll be betrayed by an ally in Vanessa. He'll likely tell what he knows about her alliances and gameplay. (And he knows a lot.) He'll try to rally votes and it makes for a very tense and awkward week for Vanessa and the house where if James had simply lost, the week would have been much easier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I was up too early today and in one way Liz doesn't seem to reciprocate Austin's advances but she doesn't rebuff them either  and to me comes across as enjoying them.

Respected Contributor

I wish I would have remembered who clay was talking to when he said that he didn't like how Jackie played the game but I can't.  But maybe it was James.  I think it was only a day or two before she got HOH.