Honored Contributor

Friday 7/19/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And the game of Big Brother has finally started! When last we left the house Cliff had won his way back into the house. The HOH comp was a Q&A knockout one and the final four were Tommy, Christie, Jack and Cliff. Tommy and Christie got knocked out and the finale was Cliff and Jack. Cliff won! So, now Cliff, the man who was on his way out last night is now in control of the game. Who will he nominate? Good question.

Cliff's been getting lots of advice. We know he won't put up Nicole, Jessica, or Kat and probably not Sam. He's told them they're all safe. Kat has made it clear to Cliff there are two alliances (who knew Kat even knew there was one?) One with six people and one with three. Cliff knows. Cliff sounds like he's willing to work with Nick and tolerate Witchabella but not trust her to flush some of the six out. Cliff is sounding like he's really targeting the Six Shooters (Christie, Tommy, Jack, Jackson, Holly and Analyse.)

Kat has a good read on the house. Jessica has no read on the house. She thinks Christie is at the bottom of the totem pole of the Six Shooters. (Christie's at the top.) Nicole is now being included in the Six Shooters and if she reports back to Cliff, she could be a good spy for him.

Cliff winning HOH has thrown the house into turmoil. The names we're hearing Cliff really think about nominating are Tommy, Jack, Christie, Analyse and Holly. Cliff's not committing to anything and says he needs more information. Poor old Cliff, they're keeping him up way past his bedtime. Jessica is really pushing for Jack to be voted out. It sounds like it might be Tommy (more or less as a pawn) and Jack. That could be fun.

Nicole now joins Cliff, Jessica and Kat. Cliff says it's a meeting of the outcasts.Cliff says he won't be intimidated. He won't put up anyone who's been on the block before. He wants to make a decision they can all agree on. Nicole says she still doesn't trust Witchabella and Nick. They're still acting weird around her. (This is all going on as I type this at 7:15 AM ET, 4:15 BB time.)

Cliff says he hasn't talked to enough people yet. He hasn't talked to Nick, Witchabella, or Jack yet. He wants to talk to everybody before making a decision. He feels they (the outcasts) have been kicked around a bunch and it's time to change that. "Their game isn't our games." Cliff wants to hear from Sam as well. He trusts Sam. He wants to talk to everyone. Jessica thinks she's in a better place with Nick and Witchabella than before. She thinks others are playing a dirtier game and getting away with it.

He wants to split the big old eight person alliance and decide which side is the most powerful and try to weaken that and widen the split. He might have to work with some people he doesn't really trust or like (Nick and Witchabella) to take out the people who are more powerful.

Working with Nick and Witchabella is a smart move for Cliff in the short term. That would give Cliff about seven-ish people to go after the six with Nick, Witchabella and Sam as bigger targets for the Six Shooters than Cliff. Cliff would have some decent competitive allies in that regard. He can't really count on Jessica winning much. Kat's proving herself to be pretty strong and Nicole is pretty solid also. Add in Sam and Nick and there's a decent chance Cliff's new alliance could hang around a while. Witchabella would be the big weakness. She might defect back to the other side as she just can't keep her mouth shut.

Jessica is really defending Christie showing how bad a read Jessica has on the house. She doesn't think Christie is manipulative. (Yeah, right!) Cliff's not looking at Jackson as a target. Kat says she wouldn't put up Jackson and Holly. Cliff seems to agree. So, Jackson, Holly, Nick, Sam, Witchabella (pending her talk with Cliff where she might say/do something stupid) and Christie seem safe along with the outcasts in Nicole, Kat and Jessica. That pretty much leaves Jack, Tommy and Analyse as the probable targets.

Jessica is pushing for Nick to go up as he'd be a good competitor for POV. (Jessica may have the hots for, and is a pawn of Jackson's. She's his trained puppy dog doing as he wishes, so she's trying to protect him.) Kat thinks it's a dumb move. Cliff really wants to go to sleep. Nicole is looking at Jessica like she's an idiot. Cliff is smart. He just wants to get rid of one person on the other side and as long as there's one person they want gone who goes, he'll be happy. Nicole and Kat are heaidng towards the door while Jessica lingers. And now they're all getting up to leave. One group hug among them and then the three leave Cliff alone. (It's now 4:40 BB time.)

It looks like everyone's finally going to bed. I'm hanigng around a few more minutes to see if Cliff talks to the feeders then I've got to get out and get some yard work done. Lots of chatting going on around the house. Kat's filling in Jackson on what happened. Christie has kicked Tommy out of the girl's room (Nicole, Kat and Jessica) to stay closer to them. Cliff's rereading his letter from home which likely contains a code of some sort since he's a superfan and knows the game well and he's looking at his pictures as he wanders around the HOH. Cliff's brushed his teeth and is ow listening to music. I don't think he'll talk to us now, so I'm out to get my yard work done before it gets too hot..  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Friday 7/19/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Yesterday I would never have believed this scenario could happen.  I am now interested in the show.  Go Cliff...

Respected Contributor

I never saw this coming!  I'm so happy for Cliff!  I hope this turns the game on its ear!

Honored Contributor

It's like the season is just starting now. Cliff in control will be fun to watch. At the very least two of those who have been in power (Nick/Witchabella or Jack,/Jackson/Holly/Analyse/Christie/Tommy) should end up on the block. Cliff sounds like he wants to thin out the six instead of the two. Jack and Tommy could be the two who end up on the block based on what I've heard so far. I'm just hoping he doesn't put up someone who Jack/Jackson would find easily disposable like an Analyse. I don't really see her being a big threat in the game. Use your power to take out the big guns when possible.

We'll see if we get a Cliff Notes later this morning, I expect it to be much later this morning though how late everyone was up. I think Cliff will emerge from this week in pretty good shape though. I don't think he'll be an immediate target after this.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I hope Cliff makes a big move with one of the big players like Jack, Jack, Christie or someone of that ilk.

I don't like Nick or Witchabella, but I understand your explanation of why they should remain right now.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I hope Cliff makes a big move with one of the big players like Jack, Jack, Christie or someone of that ilk.

I don't like Nick or Witchabella, but I understand your explanation of why they should remain right now.

Cliff likes Nick and thinks Witchabella is a bad influence on him, but knows they come as a pair.  With a solid six on one side, it makes little sense to him to take out an enemy of the six. Now he might change his mind after talking to those two later today. Witchabella has a unique ability to make enemies. For now though it looks like Cliff more wants to unite with them and Jessica, Nicole, Sam and Kat (who is playing a triple or quadruple agent role now pretty much telling everyone everything, but lying about nothing) and use those seven to thin out the six. 

Cliff knows that the six are targeting Nick, Witchabella and Sam, so he'd be at worst fourth on their hit list. That's not so bad for him. Nick and Witchabella solidly on his side would give his side a better chance at winning HOH next week when Cliff can't win it. (You really can't count on Jessica.) If he can keep Nick, Sam and Witchabella as the top targets on his side and they keep targeting the top people on the other side, Cliff and his outcasts can coast through the game a bit. Cliff's playing a smart game. 

I think Cliff still trusts Jackson a bit also, and Jackson has been plotting Jack and Christie's demise for some time now, so Jackson may even join up with him in some manner. (Probably secretly.) Getting Jackson on board could help move Christie up the target list. Jessica's insisting Christie's not a mastermind, but Jackson knows the truth. I think Cliff suspects Christie's more powerful than she lets on. Jackson could confirm that. If you get Jackson you kind of get Holly and Kat in a package also. Handled right, this HOH could easily get Cliff to the jury and likely into the top five to seven.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

Found the extended interview if you’re interested.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/video/UswBesApEbXptn9Tz1Xt7s8B6_fEjOa2/julie-chen-moonves-inte...

Thanks @GRANNY77 ! 

I never seem to be able to find these things (when Julie says Go to CBS dot com).

I also want to give a shout out to @sabra who is looking for this too and want to make sure she sees it.

Just a heads up...Rob Cesternino will also be interviewing the three evictees today and said he will have the video up sometime later today.

I also want to say thanks to @tucka for replying last night! I was going to put this on yesterday's thread but I thought might be better to use today's thread rather than continuing on Thursday's. It was so nice to hear from you, Tucka, and I agree with your thoughts on this season. I bet you're happy Cliff won last night! I think we all are. Smiley Happy

What a night! I fell asleep, woke up just after midnight, and once I found out Cliff was hoh I couldn't get back to sleep for hours. I'm paying for it now (sleepy!) but have to get outside with my dog before it gets too hot. I promised to take her to the park. 

One last comment, though, to @gardenman regarding Kat and her game of many sides. She lied to Cliff about the vote last night telling him she had no idea about the blindside. I think she didn't want him to know that she's as close to the Six Shooters as she is--or I guess I should say as she thinks she is. I think that could come back to bite her but maybe in the bigger picture Cliff won't care that much. At least if he finds out she lied he will know to be careful with the information she gives him in the future.

Oh, and one other thing was that Christie lied to Cliff saying the blindside was a last minute plan made only a couple hours before the live show. That was a mistake...Cliff is smart and figured out that was a lie.

This might have already been mentioned, I only had time to skim the comments quickly this morning. Now off to the park before it's hotter than Hades out there!

Honored Contributor

I shut everything down around eleven and went to bed. I woke up at three and took a quick peek in case the HOH was going on, saw Cliff had won, rolled over and went back to sleep with a smile on my face.

The CBS interview didn't really tell us much that we didn't already know. I suspect all three will be happy to hear Cliff won HOH. Now we have to see what he does with it. It sounds like Jack, Christie, Analyse and Tommy are most at risk, but that could all change later. Witchabella was insisting before the HOH comp that no one in the nine could talk to anyone else outside the nine. Will she refuse to meet with Cliff because of that policy?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Wow.  That sounds like a dictatorship.

I did see Jack tell people to come back later or that he didn't want to talk to them last night and I thought that was pretty tool behavior.