Honored Contributor

Friday 7/12/2019 Big Brother 21 :Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Last night saw Jackson throw a hinky vote that he was intending to pin on Nick and Isabella only to have Nick win HOH, destroying that plan. He then opted to try and pin it on Nicole. Not necessarily the best idea. The house pretty much figured out who cast the vote (Jackson/Michie/Mickey) and Nick told Nicole that he was sure it wasn't she who cast the vote but he couldn't say who it was. Isabella, being Isabella then said, "We think it was Michie." Isabella just can't keep a secret to save her life.

Nicole, finally realising there's an eight/nine person in the house was furious with herself as a super-fan for not catching on earlier. She'd stayed too focused on individuals and couples and not on the big picture. Now she knows what's truly going on. Maybe a bit too late though, but there's still hope. 

Kemi and Isabella got into a bit of a short-lived skirmish where Sam had to get his arm between the two to settle things down. (He's lucky to still have that arm. Getting between two fighting women is insanely dangerous.) BB intervened and called them to separate DR's to calm down and get a bit of a lecture.

Nick knows the nine person alliance will be breaking up soon and thinks it will happen next week. What he doesn't know is it happened last week and there's now only a six person alliance, but he doesn't know that since he's not in that alliance. He would have learned that the hard way if he hadn't won HOH as he and Isabella would likely be the nominees.

The plan at this moment, and everything's subject to change in the BB house, is to put up Cliff and Jessica with Cliff the target and hold Kathryn in reserve as a pawn if need be. Nick's assured Nicole she's not going up. They're going to say they think Cliff might be America's Player due to his morning talks and Orwell the POP TV mascot owl. Cliff will be the target and the fourth member of Camp Comeback.

Jack wants to break up with Analyse again so he can be with Christie. (Uh dude, what part of Christie being a lesbian don't you understand?) Christie thinks he shoud keep sleeping with Analyse instead because she's an unstable 22 year old and who knows what she might do if she gets upset. And Christie really wants nothing to do with Jack other than stay on his good side. (Assuming there is a good side to Jack.)

We have the final Whacktivity comp today.  This week's players are Analyse, Nick, Jessica and Christie. Whoever wins gets an old, very powerful power. (At least according to Julie's script. Who knows what production will actually do?) The Diamond Power of Veto is a possibility or perhaps the Coup D'etat. We'll find out Sunday. I hope Nick doesn't win, or if he does win that he's smart enough not to tell Isabella, or else the whole house will know he has it. 

The feeds should be down for three or four hours today as the Whacktivity comp takes place. (They hold it someplace outside the current studio as the houseguests get blindfolded and driven there in golf carts.) Then they'll be down for another hour or so for the nominations tonight. I don't think either Cliff or Jessica will be surprised by the nominations, assuming Nick puts those two up. Now if Christie, Tommy, Holly or Analyse wanted to really start playing BB they could inform Nick and Isabella that they've been kicked out of the Gr8ful alliance and would have been the targets this week of Jack and Jackson. That might motivate Nick to put those two up knowing the house was with him on getting rid of them.I doubt that any of those four will do so however, and given Isabella's insane inability to keep anything a secret, it would be dangerous. She'd tell everyone who told them and that person would be in trouble if one of those two came into power again.

There is still potential for things to turn around in the game. Sam knows what's going on. David knows what's going on and might return from Camp Comeback. Nicole now knows what's going on. Kathryn's not sure where she is, but she's cute and funny. We've got a few mercenaries wo are playing for the money and not friendship who could turn on Jack and.Jackson pretty quickly also.Cliff and Jessica know more or less what's going on and Nicole will fill in any gaps they have in knowledge. Kemi even knows what's going on now.

I'll post back after the Whacktivity comp with any info on who may have won. Analyse might tell Holly if she wins. Nick might be dumb enough to tell Isabella who will broadcast it. Christie might tell Tommy. Jessica might tell Nicole. We could learn who won the prize and what it is. The Coup D'etat would be especially interesting in the hands of Jessica. It would allow her to save herself and Cliff at the eviction and name two replacement nominees (other than the HOH or POV holder.) Jack and Jackson could find themselves in a lot of trouble next week if that were to happen.The only real issue is imagining a competition where Jessica could beat Christie, Nick or Analyse. Hmm.....a pie eating contest perhaps?

One thing's for sure, with Isabella in the house we won't have to wonder what Nick's plans are. Isabella will tell everyone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Friday 7/12/2019 Big Brother 21 :Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman I'm so glad to have your recaps.  That stupid Love Island has really messed up my BB viewing because I fall asleep  (because it is so boring) and end up sleeping through most of BB.  One night a week, I could stand it, but not for both the weekday shows.  Boo CBS.

Maybe someone should buy Jack a clue about Christie.  But first they should vote out Bella.  I think they need to wait until Camp Comeback is over before taking out Jack and Jackson.  That way, they have no chance of coming back.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would not think ,in three short weeks, that it could be possible tor Jessica to gain weight but she has......this would be a perfect opportunity to lose weight......no fast foods or any other temptations. At this rate she can transfer over to My 600 lb. Life.....

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know when Love Island is over? It is a horrible show & could cost BB viewers because of the lead in.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, "Love Island" is dying a quick death. The format is kind of horrible and what happened to Arielle Vandenberg, the host? I liked her but she's disappeared. It's smart on her part to abandon a sinking ship if she has, but the producers may just be choosing not to use her. They used her a ton in the promotional sutff, but she's disappeared after episode one. The voice over guy just grates on my nerves.

If I was producing the show, I'd have done it vastly differently. Probably sixty percent of the airtime is the group of guys sitting around talking about the girls they've barely met and the girls sitting around talking about the guys they've barely met. Oh yeah, that's riveting TV.

I'd go more fun and campy. Lots more activities. Maybe do something like having the guy's body paint the girls who have strategically placed latex patches or thong bikinis covering the more private areas. Have the girls blindfolded and wearing headsets so they don't know who's painting them while Arielle (assuming she's still alive) does voice over play by play of the action and even patching herself into the girls' headsets to get feedback from them. Part way through maybe switch things up so the paint brushes go away and they have to resort to finger-painting. Then the girls get to examine the finished job and try to figure out who painted them.

Maybe do a blind food comp where both parties get fed the favorite food of the other sex while blindfolded and wearing headsets so they don't know who's feeding them what. Blindfolded and headsetted (for lack of a better word) massages by random partners could be interesting. Then at the end of each show have the girls/guys say which partner they preferred without knowing who it was and they pair off for a bit. Maybe add in a nerdy guy/girl or someone who's older or not a beauty star/bodybuilder. Someone outside their comfort zone who they find themselves paired with.

A show should be fun to watch. "Love Island" isn't. (At least to me. Others' opinions may vary.) If you're going to make an edgy, campy, dating show, having five girls sitting around talking about five guys and five guys sitting around talking about five girls isn't the way to go. I'm not sure it'll even fill out it's first season run at this pace. CBS may opt to move BB up an hour or maybe even expand BB to two hours, but "Love Island" just isn't living up to expectations. It's in a lot of trouble. I'm intrigued by the British and international versions now. Do they follow this same format or did the American producers mess up a proven commodity?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Does anyone know when Love Island is over? It is a horrible show & could cost BB viewers because of the lead in.

I think it was supposed to run for five weeks. I'm thinking it won't make it that long. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

One can only hope.

Do you remember the pirate show that was a summer replacement many years ago?  It was awful, but I stuck with it.  But it was SO bad, CBS or ABC (I can't remember which) DIDN'T AIR THE FINALE!!!  I couldn't believe it.  At least let us know who the Pirate King was!!!

I'm not even close to being that invested in Love Island.  It's like they are tryiing to rip off Bachelor in Paradise.

Honored Contributor

I vaguely remember a pirate themed show, but never watched it. Fox had the BB knock-off with live feeds a few years back that they canned a few weeks in. ABC had The Glass House. Love Island is just a bit of a train wreck right now. I'm not sure anyone is invested in any of the people on it. They might as well be cartoon characters.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Fox's show was called "Utopia." It lasted about two months. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It was CBS and called Pirate Master.

We never found out who the Pirate Master was.  They never even put it on their streaming section on the web.