Honored Contributor

Fresno TV Show -1986

[ Edited ]

My son wanted to know if I wanted to watch this show. I never heard of it. So of course I said yes. It is a spoof on Dynasty and Dallas.

"A mini-series spoof of various TV primetime soap operas set in Fresno, America's 64th largest city and showing the raisin production family of the Kensingtons centering on the matriarch Charlotte's (Carol Burnett) feud with the family's arch rival Tyler Cane(Dabney Coleman), the head of a powerful raisin conglomerate. Among the players are Charlotte's son (Charles Grodin), the vile, power-mad Cane Kensington; his voluptious wife Talon (Terri Garr); and a shirtless stranger, named Torch (Gregory Harrison), who gets hired as a Kensington ranch hand and captures the attentions of all women he comes into contact with."

Carol Burnett is the matriarch. And Bob Mackie was the Costume Designer. He kept Carol Burnett looking stunning in every scene. I am impressed with his designs.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for posting this, @drizzellla. Sounds like fun. I'm going to look for it. Smiley Happy