Honored Contributor

Freeform Movie The Art of Racing in the Rain

OMG.  I am crying so hard.  I'm not a big movie fan but I was glude to the TV.  Raining/snowing out and messy.  One of those days.  I usually movtivate early and go non-stop, but not today.  If you get a chance and you like dogs, you should watch it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Freeform Movie The Art of Racing in the Rain

@rms1954    Where did you see it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 Never have seen the movie but have read the book many times.

I guarantee you will love it and the end...lots of happy tears at the end of the book. One of my top 10 best books EVER.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954    Where did you see it? 

TV on the Freeform channel.  We get Spectrum.  https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TDMzSzI0Sy43YPSSLclIVUgsKlHIT1MoSkzOzEtXyMxTAAkWJWb...

Respected Contributor

The best book I ever read!!!!  So good, but talk about the ugly cries at the end!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  I could not watch this movie or read the book.........too many tears. 

Trusted Contributor

Loved the book.  

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC How do you know you couldn't read the book? The tears are happy and the ending is truly wonderful and lets you believe that life goes on.

If you're only going by comments you should read it for yourself. I'm sure it's better than the movie, the books usually are. 

Trusted Contributor

One of my all time favorite books! I haven't seen the movie, but I will look for it on Freeform.

The book is told in retrospect, so the beginning is sad, but the rest of book is very uplifting. I almost feel like it should be required reading for anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet. I read it not too long after we lost our first Springer Spaniel and I felt so much better after I finished the book.🐾

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book - loved it. It's one of my favorites.