Honored Contributor

Re: Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons: A Life on Stage - PBS Special

It looks like this was on eight days ago but I can watch it on You Tube, which I will later.  Thank you for posting this @golding76 .

I saw Jersey Boys in Atlanta when it was touring.  It was great!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I'd like to find out if this will be on again.  Will check it out.

Respected Contributor

All the posters comments got me to thinking:   Will the youngsters and young adults of today be going to concerts by the rappers of today ???  

Or, will they discover the wonderful love songs that followed their elders through their lives ????

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

YES--I watched Frankie's show on PBS ! I too sang along to all the songs from my era.

He's phenominal! I was lucky to see Jersey Boys in NYC.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 

Who weeps at a joyful Frankie Valli concert?  That would be me!!!  As a fanatic such as myself would say "I'm their/his number one fan!!!"

I was so upset when I saw it was on PBS, changed the channel to it, just in time to see the ending credits rolling.  I wanted to weep then, too.  I searched and at the time, there were no other future airings.  Someone suggested Youbube.  I will give that a try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz 

I've wondered that myself.  Not to denegrate any generation's music, but I cannot understand most lyrics of much of what I hear today. 

Since I rarely listen, I'm not sure if there will be any memorable tunes.

As for me, I can hear the opening notes of songs from years ago and know the lyrics.  Seeing the artists in person adds so much.  

My heart still remembers so much that went along with the songs.

Respected Contributor

@jlkz   DH and I were just talking about that as we watched TV last night with a group of country singers from the 50's.  Of course it was of an old show when they were young and popular, but we said we wondered if the generation of today will watch their rapprers and whatelse passes for music now when they are in their 70 and 80's and still enjoy looking at them or will they just be passing fancies

Honored Contributor

On behalf of Gen X, I just watched a Prince concert on PBS. Still know all the words, all the moves, and had all the tears when he sang Purple Rain to close the show.

Memories of your idols are timeless. 💜☔️

Valued Contributor

He can't move his face too much plastic and botox...

I am surprise about the voice, if it was still up there..

Glad you enjoyed the concert..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm certain there was much lip-synching going on, and the recordings used could be from any of his last several years of performing.

Obviously, when Frankie chatted with the crowd, he was "live."  I also think that most of the singing done from "My Eyes Adored You" on was live.  I'm no expert, but his mouth movement and animation spurred these thoughts.

Once again, the man is 88.  The very fact that he performs an amazing number of times each year -- can travel, suit up and strut his stuff -- is reason enough for me to honor his stamina. 

In July he toured the U.K. and did about eight shows all in all.   For someone in his age bracket, this expenditure of energy in traveling and performing, in a short period of time, is impressive.

I'm sure his lady-love, pictured below, helps keep him feeling young.

Frankie Valli Pictures, Photos & Images - Zimbio