Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frank Langella Under Investigation

@JamandBread 

@JamandBread wrote:
@gardenman
If a man ran his ringer over your leg and asked you if you liked it, would you be okay with that? If a man commented on your body and continued to comment even though you tried to ignore, would you be OK with that? Serious questions.

No, that is different than a nice compliment on how you look when you dressed nice and look neat.  Common sense tells you when it is inaprppreate. In today's world, anything a man does is considered inappropreate.  I think women today hate men in general. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

@qbetzforreal wrote:

One would think after what has happened to his contemporaries, Mr. Langella would have acted differently.  But no, he's still operating like in the good ol' boy world.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. 

Touching without consent is always inapropreate in any era.

Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw

I couldn't believe my đź‘€ when I read your post. Normally I don't comment. Are we so afraid of each other in our society that it's better that we don't even speak to one another unless we have to?
Honored Contributor

Per the article the OP posted.....

"The Oscar-nominated actor is also accused of touching a female costar’s leg during a scripted performance, and then jokingly asking her, “Did you like that?” once the scene was over. "

Does not say which part of her leg that she found his comment unacceptable.

I suspect it was her upper inner thigh for him to make a comment like that after the scene was over.

I just can't see him asking her "did you like that?" on any other part of her leg.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I'm wondering if @gardenman will answer my question.
I have a feeling the answer is no on both accounts.
If men wouldn't like it happening to them, they shouldn't excuse the creepy behavior.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problem is that many men would NOT be offended. Imagine a woman alone in a bar. A strange man comes up to her and puts his arm around her while chatting. Most women would hear an alarm bell go off DANGER. Now reverse it. A young man is sitting at the same bar, alone. A woman comes over to him, puts her arm around his shoulder and starts chatting. Unless he thought the woman was a "working girl," he probably wouldn't be scared or offended.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition 

I take pride in my appearance, as well. 

Times have changed, and unlike years ago, sexual harassment is now a crime.   

Personally, I just think whistles or cat calls (like when one walks past a construction site) are sleazy.   It really doesn't matter how the woman is dressed ... whistles are low class.     If you happen to like that treatment, fine.  JMO  

Trusted Contributor

"No, that is different than a nice compliment on how you look when you dressed nice and look neat. Common sense tells you when it is inaprppreate. In today's world, anything a man does is considered inappropreate. I think women today hate men in general."

Exactly, @qvcaddition ....glad I'm not one of them.  happy0064.gif

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@JamandBread 

@JamandBread wrote:
@gardenman
If a man ran his ringer over your leg and asked you if you liked it, would you be okay with that? If a man commented on your body and continued to comment even though you tried to ignore, would you be OK with that? Serious questions.

No, that is different than a nice compliment on how you look when you dressed nice and look neat.  Common sense tells you when it is inaprppreate. In today's world, anything a man does is considered inappropreate.  I think women today hate men in general. 

@qvcaddition 

Seriously?    A LOT of bad behavior has gone unchecked for decades, and it's time for it to stop, thank goodness.  Big difference.