Esteemed Contributor

Re: Francis McDormand's Oscar got stolen

Yes, I've been to the In-and-out burger restaurant in Las Vegas. There are 2 of them, one on the strip and one that is a short drive from the strip. When we visit Las Vegas with friends, they always rent a car and we get a ride to the restaurant that is a drive away from the strip and have lunch there. They make everything fresh. It really is a popular fast food restaurant. If you go there be sure to visit their souvenir store next door as they usually have some good deals on Las Vegas In and Out merchandise like T shirts and baseball caps.

The In-and-out burger restaurant on the Las Vegas strip is more expensive but it's still reasonable for a fast food restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori

You sound like you are Francis' biggest fan. You know so much about her.

I am not that familiar with her as Fargo was made when I was still in high school.

Honored Contributor

@threeceeswrote:

@LoriLori

You sound like you are Francis' biggest fan. You know so much about her.

I am not that familiar with her as Fargo was made when I was still in high school.

@threecees, "Fargo" is an iconic film.  One of the best of all time.  Directed by her husband.  There's even a tv show now based on it.  I don't care when you were in high school, what does that have to do with anything. 

Actually your whole comment puzzles me. 

High school and college kids make up a disproportionate percentage of the audience in the movies.  It's still a classic date night thing.  So I guess I saw "Fargo" and a lot of movies because I went on a lot of dates.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori

I will watch Fargo and think of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fargo is still an amazing film.  I have this on DVD and watch it a lot.  She's probably the best actor we currently have.  Her lack of glamor, make up prevents her from being more well known. Even her body is counter glamor.  Thin, gaunt and ramrod straight. She's a character actor, a type of acting for those with a lot of talent to pull off.  She's the female counter part to Harry Dean Stanton, another world class actor. 

She wore no makeup during the Oscar telecast.  I don't think she ever wears makeup at all.

Honored Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

Fargo is still an amazing film.  I have this on DVD and watch it a lot.  She's probably the best actor we currently have.  Her lack of glamor, make up prevents her from being more well known. Even her body is counter glamor.  Thin, gaunt and ramrod straight. She's a character actor, a type of acting for those with a lot of talent to pull off.  She's the female counter part to Harry Dean Stanton, another world class actor. 

She wore no makeup during the Oscar telecast.  I don't think she ever wears makeup at all.

@songbird, I think it's also because she's chosen to pick her projects very carefully because husband travels when he's directing a movie.  And because of their son,  I truly believe she's a homebody and loves that and works only on the best of what she's offered.

Love Harry Dean Stanton.  But I don't see Frances as a character actor.  She tends to be the lead when she works.  And he was everywhere.  I am so grateful he made it through Twin Peaks 2017, not everyone did (saddest for me is David Bowie.   Lynch replaced him with a giant tea pot and a voice actor mimicking Bowie's Southern accent in Twin Peaks:  Fire Walk With Me. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

I know this isn't the point of the post but -- 

What is it about In-and-Out Burger?

So many celebs talk about it. Has anyone had it, and if yes what's so great about it?  Countless times I've read stories about them taking the limo through the drive-thru at In-and-Out on the way to parties.  I will never taste it so please tell me what's so great about it, I wish I could try it!

@LoriLori

everyone should try them at least once......and their fries are great when you eat them fresh. however, i find them to be EXTREMELY overrated for what they are. i personally think that FIVE GUYS, SONIC, CHECKERS,and other burger places have much better burgers.

they do have a cult following though. my s/o loves them and i just kind of roll my eyes anytime he wants one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein