Trusted Contributor

I have been watching this Hallmark Mystery and am about ready to quit. The story is confusing, but NONE of the characters are likeable. Just not fun to watch, unlike all  the other Hallmark mysteries. Anyone else like or dislike this movie?

Respected Contributor

I have it set to record.  It doesn't surprise me that it isn't very good because the previews didn't look all that great.

I probably will try to watch it but might end up deleting it.  

Hallmark used to have such great mystery movies.  I wonder if those days will ever return?

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you. I am not liking it for the same reasons. Looking at reviews online on Hallmarks site indicates the majority of viewers agree with us. Kind of a shame as I was looking forward to a new mystery. 

Honored Contributor

Same here.  

Honored Contributor

It isn't on yet in my time zone.   Thanks for the reviews!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

I actually liked it.  I would say it is definitely darker and edgier than the typical Hallmark mystery and all the main characters have flaws.  Interesting note - the writer is also the writer of the Mystery 101 series which I enjoy. Having seen it I can tell he wrote both due to the how the plot is developed and the fact that there is more than one story going on in the movie. Some comments I have seen seem to think that this plot was really for the next Mystery 101 movie but the writer indicated that the Amy/Travis story is a different one.  I really hope we get to see that one.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ceejay wrote:

I actually liked it.  I would say it is definitely darker and edgier than the typical Hallmark mystery and all the main characters have flaws.  Interesting note - the writer is also the writer of the Mystery 101 series which I enjoy. Having seen it I can tell he wrote both due to the how the plot is developed and the fact that there is more than one story going on in the movie. Some comments I have seen seem to think that this plot was really for the next Mystery 101 movie but the writer indicated that the Amy/Travis story is a different one.  I really hope we get to see that one.  

@ceejay 

I agree about the script written for my favorites, Travis and Amy.  It was teased after the final Mystery 101.

Unlike the cast of Quinn they had the warmth and connection to make it work.  They also had a fantastic cast around them. Loved the Dad.

I followed the story but didn't connect with any of the cast.  The mystery with the hairdresser was awful.  It's a shame, the mysteries used to be terrific.

Valued Contributor

Not sure if I actually heard this, read it, or dreamed it but I did hear that Lori Laughlin was possibly going to bring back Garage Sale Mystery. But don't put money on it!

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Francesca Quinn, PI

[ Edited ]

Very slow moving, hard to like characters and unappealing cast. Yes, this one was a bust that looked like it might have had potential. The male lead was as bland and 'Joe Average'as it gets. The detective apparently never met a brush she liked. Meanwhile, the entire range of emotion for the female lead seemed to consist of looking like a cross between disgust and as if she'd sucked lemons as a steady diet, all the while trying to avoid the highly annoying streamers of not particularly clean looking hair hanging in her face. If this becomes a series I won't be watching.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

Not sure if I actually heard this, read it, or dreamed it but I did hear that Lori Laughlin was possibly going to bring back Garage Sale Mystery. But don't put money on it!

cookin

I would love that to happen.  Garage Sale Mystery was my all time favorite of of the Hallmark Mysteries.  

I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though.  I did hear that she might be returning to Hallmark for When Calls The Heart or else the spin-off of that one.  I can't remember now which one it was.