Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fox New Channel: Unravels

Not according to the ratings..

Honored Contributor

Popular doesn't equal good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

What did you think of the Tucker Carlson choice to fill Megyn Kelly's coveted spot?  i was surprised at first, but now I think it was shrewd.

Tucker is a very tenacious and tough interviewer, almost to a fault at times.  In that respect, he is like Megyn, who, whatever her flaws, can be relentless in pursuing answers.  Perhaps her viewers will welcome his rather fearless approach, having liked it in her.

I had thought maybe Jesse Watters would get her slot.  They have been bringing him along for quite a while, and I find him to be very quick and witty.  "I'm Watters, and this is my world",  ha.

Would LOVE to see Jesse get a permanent spot on FOX, he is very good at what he does.

Honored Contributor

Seems more of a reset after the troubles last year, but not an unraveling. I simply don't watch the shows I dislike, but find many I do like.  That no nonsense judge is my favorite.  I'm glad Greta found work at another network.  She's not a pretty face, but an intelligent host who conducts herself well (and she's a Wisconsin girl too).

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

Isn't obvious since Roger Ailes, former CEO was ousted from the organization that the ship is slowly sinking in desperation and gone off the rails?

The anchor changes, the shows seem disorganized and out of focus, etc.  It has been a disaster since the summer and the lack of clear leadership is evident.

It is really showing in the programming and they need a life raft and quick!  Thoughts?

....I don't see what you are seeing....

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

Isn't obvious since Roger Ailes, former CEO was ousted from the organization that the ship is slowly sinking in desperation and gone off the rails?

The anchor changes, the shows seem disorganized and out of focus, etc.  It has been a disaster since the summer and the lack of clear leadership is evident.

It is really showing in the programming and they need a life raft and quick!  Thoughts?

@Good4u   You ask isn't it obvious?   My answer is no.  I think you reached conclusions you wanted to reach about the network, not based in truth.  As I and others have pointed out, Foxnews' ratings are up.  You may think the station needs  life raft but that is your opinion, none based on facts.   And as you've read here, many people aren't that sorry about Megyn Kelly leaving.  So thatnks for your opinions but what you state above doesn't seem to be the case.  Why not check back in about six months here and we can reassess how the station is doing.  Nobody is indispensible at a TV station.  Just as Brian Williams and Lester Holt.

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

I think you are in denial, FOX is doing great. They have a superb team of talent and their programming is excellent. Some people have a hard time with the truth I have noticed.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

@Good4u   You ask isn't it obvious?   My answer is no.  I think you reached conclusions you wanted to reach about the network, not based in truth.  As I and others have pointed out, Foxnews' ratings are up.  You may think the station needs  life raft but that is your opinion, none based on facts.   And as you've read here, many people aren't that sorry about Megyn Kelly leaving.  So thatnks for your opinions but what you state above doesn't seem to be the case.  Why not check back in about six months here and we can reassess how the station is doing.  Nobody is indispensible at a TV station.  Just as Brian Williams and Lester Holt.

@Pearlee did something happen to Lester Holt? 

Super Contributor

If you're hearing voices in your head......turn off Fox news!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

@Pearlee did something happen to Lester Holt? 

@momtochloe  No!   What my post meant that Brian had to leave and the station then did just fine with Lester...nobody is indispensible!