Esteemed Contributor

I've been retired for over ten years. I work out at the Y early and then shower and relax in front of the TV, or I read. I used to watch Hoda and Kathie Lee. It was diverting and relaxing. Now it's Hoda and Jenna. The latter has come a long way but the program itself     has become unwatchable for me. The silliness,vapid conversation, giggles, and cornball features have turned me off, and so I turned off the TV. On the other hand, I just finished Louise Penny's most recent mystery and it was a treat.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fourth Hour of Today Show

I've never watched the Today show.  After watching reruns of Perry Mason, I turn off the TV and listen to our classical music station--very soothing and relaxing.

Honored Contributor

I would much rather watch the late night shows that I recorded.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Lovely that you are reading a favorite book. I will never understand the need to trash someone or a program.  Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

I find most of the morning shows on NBC and ABC to be focused on celebrities.

I stopped watching a long time ago. 

Honored Contributor

I do not watch the morning shows.  I usually put on something I have on my DVR if I watch TV .  However, reading a good book has  been number one on my list.  Since I was a young girl, books have always been part of my life and I have so many to read.  

There is time for TV, music and books depending on our moods.  They are our escapes from the hectic times, the times we need to relax and settle back, and just enjoyments in our lives.

Honored Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

Lovely that you are reading a favorite book. I will never understand the need to trash someone or a program.  Have a good day.

@prisrob The OP didn't trash anything.  The OP expressed an opinion, and it isn't a good opinion of that show, but it happens to be the exact same one I have.

To have a negative opinion is simply to express a dislike.  It isn't trashing just because it is negative.

Honored Contributor

We have never gootten the 4th Today hour here, we get Kelly and Ryan at that time on our nbc station. 

Honored Contributor

I've been retired 6 years. When I first retired, I would get up early enough to catch at least half of the morning shows, thinking this would help me be more aware of who's who, what's going on, etc. It didn't take very long at all for me to lose all interest in the hosts and the programming.

So I switched to late night TV, which I found more entertaining and then sleep late in the mornings! I realized I have zero interest in who's who and what's going on in the TV/Hollywood world.
Honored Contributor

I usually turn on the today show,and watch while on my laptop,and have my coffee.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.