Honored Contributor

Anhyone watching this series?  I find it really fascinating. These 2 were really something else. Super talented with very big egos.  He was such a mess.  While watching I constantly was sickened and angry by his behavior and then on the other hand, felt sorry for him in a way.  Even though his behavior in the marriage was atrocious, she was not without fault either.  They were bad for each other but could not seem to make a go of it without each other.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I'm watching.  Just caught up with the latest episode last night On Demand.  Was that a different actress playing the daughter?  Yeah, I guess she's grown older but she looked completely different to me.  Yeah, he was a pretty gross guy.  I wish we were seeing more of the dancing and rehearsing and standout parts of  the shows they were famous for.  We're getting to see too much of the bad behavior instead.  I think the 2 lead actors are fantastic.

And are we to believe he acted out in this way because as a young teen he was surrounded by a bunch of older jezebels who had the hots for him?  And introduced him to this way of life way too early?  I read a biography on Fosse many years ago and I am not recalling any of this, but it was a long time ago that I read it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Re: Fossi/Verdon

[ Edited ]

I'm watching it too.  Michelle Williams and Sam Rockwell are fantastic.  I agree - wish they'd have shown more of the musicals.  Not crazy about the way it's edited sometimes - it can be hard to follow.  And just leaves me wanting more.  Talk about a co-dependent relationship though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fossi/Verdon

[ Edited ]

There is another thread here that started when the series first began, feel free to post on that one, many more comments on that one. This week was Rockwells big chance to shine, he was amazing!! I see an Emmy in his future. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree -- would have loved to see a lot more dancing and more about the actual productions they were doing!  I didn't realize there was another post about this.  Co-dependent, for sure!  I am going to have to read more about both of them.  I think they both have done an extraordinary job!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Still loving it.  Rockwell is always outstanding. He seems to have a talent for choosing interesting projects.

Poor Bob had so many unhealthy habits.  I'm going to hate to see this series end.

Honored Contributor

Another great one last night, all about Chicago, excellent music, it did run about 15 minutes over an hour.  Bob always got his way!!

Honored Contributor

Next week is the finale, I am wondering if Gwen ever saw her son again, I hope they get into that next week. 

Honored Contributor

Finale tonight, I will miss it very much, so well done!!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder whether it will be back?  My program guide on Spectrum says S1, Ep 7 or whatever....so Season 1????

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix