Respected Contributor

Fosse/Verdon Tonight!

[ Edited ]

It's on FX, tonight, at 10pm.  Looking forward to it.  Michelle Williams looks great and looking forward to seeing her dancing.  Supposedly, it paints Fosse as a person in a bad light, warts and all.  His was a serial cheater, if it had legs and a skirt, he nailed it.

Verdon was a dance assistant to Jack Cole, the choreographer for MGM for five years.  She was an assistant to Michael Kidd as well and then came Fosse!

Fosse's second wife was a dancer, Joan McCraken, he left her for Verdon.  Joan Mc Cracken's first husband was Jack Dunphy, also a dancer, a novelist and playwright.  When Joan and Jack divorced, Jack Dunphy became Truman Capote's partner until Capote's death.  Small world!

Fosse and Verdon were an unbelievable team.  Verdon, totally, capable of bringing his vision to life.  I was fortunate to see her on Broadway in Sweet Charity and Chicago.  Both were exceptional!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Somertime  Just to let you know it's Verdon..

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle   Thanks, I didn't even notice!

Trusted Contributor

Back in the early 80's my friends and I used to rent a place in the summer in West Hampton.  We used to always end up at this one particular club in East Hampton, can't remember the name of course, at about 2 in the morning and there would be Bob Fosse on the dance floor.  Just about every Saturday a/m.   

Those were crazy times!

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005   27 EAST?

Honored Contributor

Fosse was also a long time BF to dancer and actress, Ann Reinking. 

Honored Contributor

I found out about this show through finding a picture of Michelle Williams at the premiere. They're both fantastic actors so that's what interests me. I do know who Bob Fosse was.

It's two episodes, the second is on next Tuesday night

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Somertime,

I wish I could remember!  27 East sounds so familiar.  What I remember is walking in way after midnight and the same song just seemed to be playing whenever we came in:  "Relight My Fire" by Dan Hartman.  That, I remember!  Strange, the things that stay with us.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

It's on FX, tonight, at 10pm.  Looking forward to it.  Michelle Williams looks great and looking forward to seeing her dancing.  Supposedly, it paints Fosse as a person in a bad light, warts and all.  His was a serial cheater, if it had legs and a skirt, he nailed it.

Verdon was a dance assistant to Jack Cole, the choreographer for MGM for five years.  She was an assistant to Michael Kidd as well and then came Fosse!

Fosse's second wife was a dancer, Joan McCraken, he left her for Verdon.  Joan Mc Cracken's first husband was Jack Dunphy, also a dancer, a novelist and playwright.  When Joan and Jack divorced, Jack Dunphy became Truman Capote's partner until Capote's death.  Small world!

Fosse and Verdon were an unbelievable team.  Verdon, totally, capable of bringing his vision to life.  I was fortunate to see her on Broadway in Sweet Charity and Cabaret.  Both were exceptional!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing her on TV, I could not believe how her feet could move.  I just set my DVR.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I just watched the first episode. I remember seeing Cabaret when it first came out. It looks like they are really developing the characters. Fosse and Verdon's daughter is a consultant on the series, I think it is 10 parts.