Honored Contributor

I caught up last night on-demand.  What night and time is this regularly shown?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Tuesdays at 10 pm ET.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Tuesdays at 10 pm ET.

And it repeats on Tues at 11 ET, it is on FX. Also on late nights on weekends. 

Respected Contributor

I am more a dramatic theater person than a musical person. That being said, my parents had the South Pacific cast album and I learned all the songs from listening to it. Later on, I bought the Camelot album with Richard Burton and Julie Andrews and My Fair Lady with Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews. As a child of the 70s, I saw a road company version of Evita and I have the Patti Lupone album of Evita. Then came Jesus Christ Superstar which was recently remade on TV. On a trip to London, I was amazed and touched by Miss Saigon where what looked and sounded like a real helicopter landed on stage. I have all those albums and a record player still. I would love to see Hamilton some day.

Honored Contributor

Loved it last night, all the music was from Pippin, it was great!! What a womanizer this man was along with his amazing drive for perfection in his work. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle I found last night's episode difficult for me, mainly because of his behavior toward and about women. His talent was amazing, a gift and a blessing that Gwen was able to see his vision and translate it to what he wanted.  Of course, we got to see our first glimpse of Ann whose legs went on forever!  The bed scene was very, very funny.

What a strong partnership between Fossee & Verdon, ties could not be broken.  I give Verdon so much credit to have the vision and the strength of Fossee's talent.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Shelbelle I found last night's episode difficult for me, mainly because of his behavior toward and about women. His talent was amazing, a gift and a blessing that Gwen was able to see his vision and translate it to what he wanted.  Of course, we got to see our first glimpse of Ann whose legs went on forever!  The bed scene was very, very funny.

What a strong partnership between Fossee & Verdon, ties could not be broken.  I give Verdon so much credit to have the vision and the strength of Fossee's talent.

Well said, keep in mind they never divorced, and as we will see, he died in her arms, how fitting was that?

I saw Pippin in 1973 on Broadway, it is an amazing show, the dancing was way ahead of its time, very sensual and erotic at times. . 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle   Totally agree!  His dancing was sensual, erotic, sexual, titalating from the very beginning!  He incorporates the entire body in his dancing, the head, the arms, the torso, the hips....it's, almost, like a stripper's move.  I loved Verdon and I loved Reinking, too, those legs went on for days.  My favorite shot:

200px-Ann_Reinking_by_Jack_Mitchell.jpg

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to the next episodes involving Chicago, we will see Verdon working with Chita Rivera and Jerry Orbach. And we will see a lot more of Reinking, his paramour at the time. Remember her from the movie, Annie. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fosse/Verdon Tonight!

[ Edited ]

Sometimes on DWTS Bruno will make references to Fosse and his style. 

I found a video on You Tube of Gwen appearing on Rosie O'Donnell talk show, and she said that Bob always inspired to be known as the next Astaire, but Astaire never really retired, and so he always held onto that title for himself.