Honored Contributor

Former Y&R actress suit against CBS is dismissed!

[ Edited ]

Victoria Rowell who sued CBS for firing her (many years ago), case was dismissed by the Judge!  She played Neil's wife (Drucilla) who fell over a cliff   .............   gee, does that sound familiar, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Former Y&R actress suit against CBS is dismissed!

Thanks Hooty for the post.  How long has this been going on?  Good grief!  This was a long time ago, wasn't it?

Respected Contributor

She was the best!

Honored Contributor

Good!!!  Maybe Ms. Rowell will go sit down somewhere now.  I loved her as Dru and I loved that she stood up for herself.  But somewhere along the way, she got crazy!  You can't force someone to hire you back after you not only quit, but bad mouthed everyone on the show.

Thanks, @Hooty.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well-said foxxii.

Honored Contributor

I just got some information from Soap Opera Spy that's quite interesting, if true.

Prior to Rowell initiating her lawsuit, Y&R was going to bring Drucilla back from the dead with actress Troy Byer ( beautiful woman, age 51).  Rowell heard about the recast and blocked it by suing.  I still don't understand how she thought the part could only be played by her.

The writers were going to bring the recast in when Neil lost his sight.  Dru was going to come back after having (wait for it) amnesia.  She was going to find out that Devon and Hilary were having an affair and try to put the Winters' family back together.

Now that the suit has been dismissed, we might have that recast.  I'd love to see that character back.  Bye, bye Gwen.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Thanks foxxii.  Interesting.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Hooty and Foxxie for the info.  I'm glad they threw the suit out.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

She will end up as a Real Housewife......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.