Honored Contributor

Former Vogue Cover Star Nastasia Urbano, Who Once Earned Millions Modeling, Is Now Homeless

Honored Contributor

Re: Former Vogue Cover Star Nastasia Urbano, Who Once Earned Millions Modeling, Is Now Homeless

I don't see the sad part.  She's a year younger than I am and she looks healthy and fit.  She can get a bleeping job and a studio apartment if she really wanted one.  She's living the life she wants to live.  She was blessed; she made a fortune based only on her good looks and a great body.  She had everything but apparently she partied anf frittered  it all away and never gave a thought about the future.  So, this is not sad story and there's not to feel bad about.  Plus, she's going public in the hopes that she can get some type of work.  Like that guy who was once a famous actor but ended up doing a regular job somewhere.  The story was all over a few months ago, he ended up getting some acting jobs.  He didn't engineer it, someone noticed him when he was working and went public with it and something good came out of it for him.     

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Former Vogue Cover Star Nastasia Urbano, Who Once Earned Millions Modeling, Is Now Homeless

Well, in my opinion, its sad that she didn't think about saving for her future. Nothing is promised in life, except death and taxes. Some folks just do not think, its all about the here and now.

I know people like this, they are not millionares, but if they have any extra money, they blow it and brag. There is nothing wrong with saving money. We will all have a rainy day here or there.

Esteemed Contributor

it’s quite foolish for a supermodel to think that she can depend on her looks forever. It’s obvious, at least to me, that there MUST BE a planB for life after super modeling.There are similar stories in sports. The athlete spends money flagrantly but when his career is over, he has nothing. Yes, it’s sad, but these beautiful people need to understand Judge Judy’s warning. Beauty fades but dumb is forever.

Honored Contributor

As the old saying goes, 'there but for the grace of God'... It's sad... Woulda-coulda-shoulda but she didn't. A punitive outlook serves no purpose... Reading the item implies she probably has some mental health issues, in addition to or as part of not having planned well for her future... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...