Honored Contributor

Re: Former American Idol Finalist Killed In Car Crash

@winamac1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

We used to tell our daughters that nothing good happens after about 1:00AM (some say 12:00).

I know people say well the bars let out but I think these days the bars just go on forever.

Some people come home or go to work during the early morning hours.  There are people here in the outskirts of DC who leave their house for work at around 3:30 AM or 5:00AM.  My best friend who recently retired had to leave at 5-5:30AM so she could be to work at DC by 7:30AM.

I have to wonder when people who drink and drive are REALLY going to get put in jail and taught a lesson.  It seems to run from state to state as to the punishment.  It should be universal for every state!!

I say 12 a.m.

@Annabellethecat66Exactly what I told my juniors and seniors.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Hello sweet girl.  Thinking about you.  Hope all is well.  My daughter always told me two things were drill into their heads at school.....make the males wear protection and don't drink and drive or get in the car with anyone drinking.

She either walks home or takes an Uber if she's had wine with dinner.  My girls know about it because when I was 18 I'd never been to Georgetown and got in the car with an old guy friend.  My Dad was an alcoholic and you'd have thought I'd have recognized someone drunk, but it didn't hit him until he got in the car.  I didn't drive.

I suffer with my back (broke it in 3 places) and ruined my knee caps and today I'm 70 this year.  Every day I have the pain.  

You bet my daughters (2 don't drink at all) and the one who does, knows when to stop and never drives.

Schools can only do so much (they are responsible for too much as it is).  The parents need to punish these kids and they need to punish the parents if a kid get caught drinking.  That's the only way things will change.  ENFORCE and make new laws regarding drinking and driving.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG Hello sweet girl.  Thinking about you.  Hope all is well.  My daughter always told me two things were drill into their heads at school.....make the males wear protection and don't drink and drive or get in the car with anyone drinking.

She either walks home or takes an Uber if she's had wine with dinner.  My girls know about it because when I was 18 I'd never been to Georgetown and got in the car with an old guy friend.  My Dad was an alcoholic and you'd have thought I'd have recognized someone drunk, but it didn't hit him until he got in the car.  I didn't drive.

I suffer with my back (broke it in 3 places) and ruined my knee caps and today I'm 70 this year.  Every day I have the pain.  

You bet my daughters (2 don't drink at all) and the one who does, knows when to stop and never drives.

Schools can only do so much (they are responsible for too much as it is).  The parents need to punish these kids and they need to punish the parents if a kid get caught drinking.  That's the only way things will change.  ENFORCE and make new laws regarding drinking and driving.

@Annabellethecat66Sadly, many parents are enablers and never address problems.

Respected Contributor

SURELY the man that hit him that was under the influence will be charge with manslaughter, right????? This is so sad. He seemed like such a wonderful guy. Heaven has a beautiful voice added to its choir. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

This is so sad.  I remember enjoying watching him on the show.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau