Frequent Contributor

Re: Forensic Files Is A TV Classic

I agree with so many of you. Forensic Files with Peter Thomas is an excellent show and so extremely interesting! It's funny, but I, too, sometimes put that show on when I'm trying to get to sleep...agree that it's soothing.

Along those same lines, a host that I just LOVE is Dateline host, Keith Morrison. I find his voice, narration, and delivery to be unique and engaging. And, soothing, too...LOL! He uses excellent inflection in his narration which I enjoy because it is more like story-telling than news reporting. I find most hosts these days to be somewhat "cookie-cutter"...IMHO.  But, for me, Keith Morrison is distinct...having a "mature" and "cool" vibe. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, michellegirl, isn't it amazing how a talented, thoughtful, distinctive-voiced narrator can "make" the whole show?  I always thought I was primarily "visual",  but the quality, timbre, sincerity etc. of voices always make a huge difference with me.  Sounds like you react that way too...

Frequent Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, michellegirl, isn't it amazing how a talented, thoughtful, distinctive-voiced narrator can "make" the whole show?  I always thought I was primarily "visual",  but the quality, timbre, sincerity etc. of voices always make a huge difference with me.  Sounds like you react that way too...

Hi Oznell!  Very well said! And I couldn't agree with you more! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Do you remember the series, City Confidential? It was narrated by Paul Winfield. I loved that show-never missed it. I loved the voice inflection of the narrator. He would say the word, Murrrrr-der in a way to create chills in the listener, hahaha. I loved how it was a story of a town and usually told of the victims, and how they were upstanding citizens, etc, and really went into their lives before the bomb was dropped. Just a well done show. Wish it would come back in re-runs. For about a year they had a new narrator when Paul Winfield died, but it didn't fly. 

Honored Contributor

I would have liked that, judaline.  Paul Winfield was another of those actors with a rich, wonderful voice.  Unforgettable performance in "Sounder", alongside an equally strong cast...

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Do you remember the series, City Confidential? It was narrated by Paul Winfield. I loved that show-never missed it. I loved the voice inflection of the narrator. He would say the word, Murrrrr-der in a way to create chills in the listener, hahaha. I loved how it was a story of a town and usually told of the victims, and how they were upstanding citizens, etc, and really went into their lives before the bomb was dropped. Just a well done show. Wish it would come back in re-runs. For about a year they had a new narrator when Paul Winfield died, but it didn't fly. 

@Judaline, I am a crime show junkie. I DVR practically every show on ID network. I definitely remember City Confidential. I used to love that show and of course Paul Whitfield's narration.

Trusted Contributor

I love this show and still watch it, even though I've seen almost every episode several tiimes.  I agree about Peter Thomas - what a great voice he had for this type of show.   I wish new episodes would be made.   Been watching this since it first came on in the 90s.   One of my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my favorites shows!  It is one that I always turn to when not totally engrossed in another show/channel.   I have always liked the "who dun it" type of shows and I enjoy watching how the detectives work the story/plot out.

Honored Contributor

Love Forensic Files, but over the years I have basically seen all the episodes many times over!  I know the announcer died, but they could get a new one, I would love to see some new episodes!  There is way enough crime around to do many episodes!

Do anyone of you watch the ID Channel, Investigation Discovery?  I love that channel!

Honored Contributor

It'd be cool if they got Peter Thomas' son!  Smiley Happy

Oh, you know I watch a big bunch of the ID channel.  I must have over 100 Passes for ID shows on one of my Tivos.  I always have several shows on deck to watch.    

For me, watching real crime shows is very relaxing (I have no idea why, but they are).    I go to bed and put one on.  Seldom do I manage to stay awake for the whole thing and often it takes me all night (I wake up a lot) to get through one show.