Respected Contributor

Forensic Files II - New Shows!!!

Starts Sunday, February 23rd on HLN!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Forensic Files II - New Shows!!!

I have scheduled those first two episodes to record so far, but I struggle with the show and not Peter Thomas.  Smiley Sad    

I really miss him and Sharon Martin, as narrators of their respective shows.  She is still alive, AFAIK, but they also have had her show with another narrator and it's just not the same for me.

Contributor

You can watch episode six of the new season "Portrait of a Serial Killer" on Comcast on demand. It's about Texas serial killer Daniel Lee Corwin. I prefer the black and white reenactments of the older episodes.

Trusted Contributor

I'm curious to see how they'll do it. I actually hope they keep the format somewhat the same. A few weeks ago I happened to notice I was watching the first ever episode of the original. I'd seen it before but something made me hit the guide to see when it was from and it was Season 1 Episode 1.

Honored Contributor

Oh, what great news, @Diva on The Q -- thanks for the heads-up!  That was such a well-crafted show, even though so poignant and saddening in some ways; but so well done, the episodes of the earlier incarnation can be listened to over and over.

Of course, that was largely due to the wonderful, rich narration by Peter Thomas.  He is absolutely irreplaceable, one of those singular people on TV, like Alastair Cooke or Robert Osborne, with so much sheer presence and skill.

Still, I'd be willing to give the new shows a chance on their own merits.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell: I absolutely agree with you about Peter Thomas' narration...so clear and precise.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the new shows? What did you think?

Trusted Contributor

I was watching something else and forgot about it. I then fell asleep to the old shows and woke up during the replay but didn't see enough to know if I like it. It seems like they have a similar format to the show but I'm not sure.