Respected Contributor

Re: For those who haven't yet watched "911".....

@luvmybeetle  Well then, you're still officially a buckeye, at least!  I suppose you now have to root for the Bengals instead of the Browns.  The Browns do look promising this year, although they really got robbed yesterday with an unprecedented bad call by the ref. (called back a first down).

You may miss the NE Ohio area, but I'll bet you get a lot less snow than I get here with the lake effect (ugh).

Yes, I gave up on the Harry London candies after I started ordering the Waggoner's from Evine.  They really are the best chocolates......love those dark chocolate buckeyes and the mint meltaways!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde

I do miss the snow.  I like snow.  I would trade places with you in a minute.  Also I don't root for the Bengals but I don't really root for the Browns either.  I'm more for baseball.  I am a fan of the Reds but I don't follow real closely.  I still have family in North Canton and talk frequently to them and they tell me about the snow.  I really, really do miss it. 

Respected Contributor

I watched the second episode last night (conclusion to the story line of the earthquake), and was glued to the TV as always with this show.  It was an emotional experience for sure.  I won't spoil it for those who have it on DVR, but I'm looking forward to the next show!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software wrote:

I usually knit when I'm watching TV.

I had to put down my knitting because my palms started sweating watching this show!  There was so much suspense - the guy in the hotel room & the athlete!   Wow

It was very good.

There was a lot of action and less personal drama.

@software  I loved House, but then it became mostly personal drama, so I quit watching, I wanted to see the medical issues.

I agree with you on House.    I don't mind some drama but they went way down a rabbit hole & it looked more like high school.

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde I watched earlier today since I DVR'd it yesterday - too many good shows on Monday.  I really like it this season since they have a new 911 operator, did not care for the previous actress or her story line, just seemed too over-acted to me.  Thank goodness for DVR Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@chlema  Aren't DVR's the cat's paws!  Cat LOL  I use mine for everything.  On a one hour show, there are only 40 minutes that are not commercials!  What a time saver, and it makes me feel a little better about my awful U-Verse bill.

I get so emotionally wrapped up in that show.  I have to be careful not to watch it right before bed (that wasn't the case last night, though)!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@2blonde Love love love the DVR ability.  I'm new to this and having fun with it lol.  With networks continuing to put shows that interest me on at the same time I no longer have to decide which one to watch, yay.  And then again those shows coming on at 10 when my sleepy eyes say "go to bed, just DVR it" -------------------!  

Respected Contributor

@chlema  Yes, and to think I used to have to "tape" shows!  If you're new at this, here's one caveat you should be aware of.  I've had U-Verse (and a DVR) for about 10 years.  I'm currently on my third DVR......they don't last forever, and it's fairly unpredictable when they will bite the dust.  My first one only lasted about 1-1/2 years.  The second lasted until about January of this year, but I had so many great movies, as well as the last two episodes of 911 on it when it died.  It took me a while to get over that, and there's no way that stuff can be saved.  The new one they sent me wouldn't connect, so I had to wait for a service guy to come.  He tried three of them before he could do it......he was in my LR for 2 hours!  (And they expected me to do it myself?)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I'm new to the DVR world too but I have a slot to save what I've recorded on a thumb drive to download to another DVR.

Haven't tried it yet.

I have so much available On Demand, I don't DVR much, then I just Erase it after I watch.

But it is good to zap commercials.   Not everything On Demand allows fast forward

@2blonde wrote:

@chlema  Yes, and to think I used to have to "tape" shows!  If you're new at this, here's one caveat you should be aware of.  I've had U-Verse (and a DVR) for about 10 years.  I'm currently on my third DVR......they don't last forever, and it's fairly unpredictable when they will bite the dust.  My first one only lasted about 1-1/2 years.  The second lasted until about January of this year, but I had so many great movies, as well as the last two episodes of 911 on it when it died.  It took me a while to get over that, and there's no way that stuff can be saved.  The new one they sent me wouldn't connect, so I had to wait for a service guy to come.  He tried three of them before he could do it......he was in my LR for 2 hours!  (And they expected me to do it myself?)