Honored Contributor

Re: For " How to get away with Murder" Fans

The flashes are annoying!

Trusted Contributor

As an earlier poster suggested, the show is meant to be like a jigsaw puzzle, so some of the confusion may be intentional.

One of the things about watching this show is to make sure you are giving it your undivided attention.  This is not a show to watch while carrying on a conversation with another person, reading a magazine, or payig the bills.  One has to pay full attention to it.

I have found there are other shows like this.  Both my roommate and I love "Orphan Black" and "The Blacklist," but we never watch the shows with each other.  We each watch them separately before discussing them as neither one of us wants to distract the othere.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am very quickly losing interest in this show, if I fall asleep on it, I am not upset, as I am with other shows.

Honored Contributor

I found last season's episode of the wig and makeup removal to be riveting, there was a lot of meaning behind that scene. To me, that was part of her Emmy winning performance.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally have no problem watching the show as it just doesn't matter to me if I miss some detail. I'm not trying to figure out the mystery myself - I'm watching for enjoyment and for them to tell me. Not for it to become my life (thinking Lost or Star Trek fans). I admit that I do read EW recaps to keep fresh (and also to see if I actually WANT to watch an episode I may have missed.)

Somebody mentioned The Blacklist, and I found it demanded too much attention and stopped being fun last year. But, HTGAWM is still enjoyable to me because the flash forward promises something juicy will happen with the middle mystery of whether the siblings killed their parents. Another bonus is that HTGAWM also answers its questions and shouldn't keep us hanging long. Not sure how many episodes this season is, but I expect to find out who shot Annalise this year, which would lead into a different question for next.
Regular Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I found last season's episode of the wig and makeup removal to be riveting, there was a lot of meaning behind that scene. To me, that was part of her Emmy winning performance.

I totally agree.  Seeing this tough as nails, murderous, scheming woman stripped bare for all to see was indeed riveting.  But to me, seeing her like that, she didn't come across as being a vulnerable, sad woman underneath the makeup and wig.  To me, she came across as being just as devious and scheming when she's alone at home as she does when she presents herself to the world.

Esteemed Contributor

Analise is quite complex which makes this show fascinating to me.  She is manipulative and clever; she may be sad and lonely but I never sense vulnerable.  I love the show and interaction between characters.  I wonder why they are so loyal and if their loyalty has a limit.  It really is good writing