Honored Contributor

Re: For " How to get away with Murder" Fans

Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) and her students must move on with their lives as though nothing has happened, but the students are still reeling over Rebecca’s disappearance. Only Annalise and Frank (Charlie Webber) know that Rebecca (Katie Findlay) was murdered and the two are determined to find out who killed her. Meanwhile, Annalise decides she wants to take on a new client, a brother and sister who are accused of killing their parents. And an old friend surprises Annalise at home and teaches her a valuable lesson. -- from the abc website Smiley Happy

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I feel better so much better that I am not the only one in this confused state. Thanks, friends!

Regular Contributor

Last week's episode didn't clear anything up for me.  It seems like everyone is sleeping with everyone else, and the scenes are getting more graphic than ever.  Yikes!  Network tv is becoming more like what we'd see on cable.

Then there's Annalise Keating, lying on the floor dazed and bleeding.  Then flash forward 7 weeks.  She's getting more unscrupulous in each episode.  But Viola Davis is the only reason I keep watching.

Sorry this post is probably just as confusing as this show is for me!

Respected Contributor

@Kati wrote:

Last week's episode didn't clear anything up for me.  It seems like everyone is sleeping with everyone else, and the scenes are getting more graphic than ever.  Yikes!  Network tv is becoming more like what we'd see on cable.

Then there's Annalise Keating, lying on the floor dazed and bleeding.  Then flash forward 7 weeks.  She's getting more unscrupulous in each episode.  But Viola Davis is the only reason I keep watching.

Sorry this post is probably just as confusing as this show is for me!

Kati....I saw a flash back not a flash forward and hopefully next week they'll explain why she's lying dazed and bleeding.....or they may just continue with their flash back to keep us hanging on.  

Regular Contributor

@foundinlv  you're right, it was a flashback!  See how confused I am?  hahaha

Valued Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I am used to the current-forward clips now.  I do wish they would turn on the lights turn more often!!

Oh my gosh - I thought it was just me!!  They are always in the dark and skulking about. HTGAWM is one of my favorite TV shows.  I love Viola Davis!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like Viola Davis, but wasn't impressed with her taking off her makeup  ....   uh,  so what?    

The show is well written (except for the back and forth time flashes) but the show is just too dark ..... I will probably not last any longer than this season.    This show already feels like a repeat of last season's show

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I like Viola Davis, but wasn't impressed with her taking off her makeup  ....   uh,  so what?    

The show is well written (except for the back and forth time flashes) but the show is just too dark ..... I will probably not last any longer than this season.    This show already feels like a repeat of last season's show

This is how I feel too. I loved it most of least season but I've not been impressed so far this season.

I don't have a problem following it because I know when I watch, I have to be committed to watching.  I can't have anything else to do during that time frame.  If you miss anything, you are lost.

Last year the show started with the dead husband and they kept going back and forth until we figured out who killed him.  Now we have a bleeding Annalise and dead prosecutor and they are going back and forth until we figure out what happened.  Same story line, different people. 

Respected Contributor

Basically I decided the title is "How to Get Away with Murder", I assume now we will see many examples of how to get away with murder in many iterations.

Trusted Contributor

I threw in the towel after the first season.  The concept was intrigueing and there was some good acting but I just felt manipulated by the plot twists and turns.  It became unbelievable and annoying.  Felt the same way about "Revenge", which I also stopped watching.