Respected Contributor

Usually TV shows don't cause me to tear up but last night's episode did.  The fact that Bode sacrificed himself so that Freddy could go free to get married and be with his daughter just touched my heart.  

The last scene with them putting Bode in a cell and seeing the desolate look on his face was so sad.  I wonder where they are going to go with this?   I knew somehow that the money that was given to Bode would play out in some form.  

I really disliked that woman sitting there with Bode and telling him that they believe he is running a drug business in Three Rock.  She was so arrogant that I wanted to slap her.

The whole show was so emotional.  From trying to rescue the little boy in the refrigerator and rescuing Freddy's fiancee and baby those scenes  just kept me on the edge of my seat.   

The only s/l that really doesn't excite me is Sharon and her search to find a kidney donor.  I don't trust her brother-in-law as far as I could throw him.  I think he's somewhat sleazy and would cause trouble with Vince and Sharon if he gets the chance.

Even though the season finale was just last night I am anxiously waiting to see where they are going when the new season starts.  

Respected Contributor

Re: For fans of Fire Country...

I like Fire Country, probably because I like Max Thierot (spelling?). I like Bode too. As a nurse, I just can't buy into Sharon and her search for a Kidney LOL. Stage 4 kidney failure patients are not able to work like she does. So to me, that part of the story does not make sense. I agree about her brother-in-law though. I missed last nights episode. I am not surprised that Bode took the positive drug test for Freddy. 

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl @conlt  Definitely think this show has alot of positives going on but the interaction between the firefighters & the storylines have really kept me coming back each week.  & I think they would have some kind of medical advisors on staff but like was mentioned Sharon's kidney donor story & her involvement in the firefighting each week  doesn't seem plausible to me.  

Respected Contributor

i like the show, too. Last nights episode, showing a child surviving after being put in a refrigerator, bothers me. Any child seeing that might get the wrong idea.

Respected Contributor

What a finale, poor Bode just can't get a break. Will be interesting to see how he gets back to fire camp. I agree about that brother in law donating a kidney. I don't trust him either, he will continue to cause problems.

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl  I was right there with you to help with the slapping.

The whole kidney issue was just not based in reality, I have a friend in that exact spot right now and she is unable to even watch the show due to it being treated so lightly.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Fire Country ended where it began.

And as far as Sharon's search for a kidney, I'm stage 4, I live a perfectly normal life, until something else happens, such as an unrelated infection.  The kidney disease complicates everything.

I also know several Stage 5 patients.   Same thing, There have been so many amazing improvements in treatment.   

Sharon collapsed on the job, maybe for dramatic effect.   She was dehydrated & exhausted.    That's pretty realistic.   In her situation she should have a water bottle in her hand, 24/7.

What I don't see as realistic is her search for a kidney & her BIL being a match.  Now that's some drama there.  Why is he a match but his brother, her husband isn't?  Someone explain that.

But I do love the show & will keep watching.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH is a much bigger fan of Fire Country than I am.  Sharon has collapsed and been rushed to the hospital more than once. But then she looks hale and hearty and is out in full gear at a fire. My sister was a kidney transplant patient and passed away during COVID. Sharon's role isn't realistic.  Bode has seemed like a tortured soul since day one with the same expression every week., woe is me. If the brother in-law donates his kidney, they will never hear the end of it. I am hoping the next season is better written. Hates to see the season end on such a down note. The boy surviving who was placed in the refrigerator was irresponsible to put in the show. Others may think you can climb inside a refrigerator, close the door and stay there a long time and survive. Wrong. It would be deadly.