Respected Contributor

Thursday 5/27 would be Vincent Price's birthday,  MGM is showing several of his movies throughout the day.  This is a treat for me.  I really look forward to the Fall when the networks tend to show his movies around Halloween.

Respected Contributor

@Linmo   Thanks for the reminder.  Love Vincent Price. He was truly a renaissance man who had a long and varied career.  His books along with that by his daughter are good reads. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Thursday 5/27 would be Vincent Price's birthday,  MGM is showing several of his movies throughout the day.  This is a treat for me.  I really look forward to the Fall when the networks tend to show his movies around Halloween.

@Linmo 

I'd always adored Vincent Price.  When I was in college, he was touring "Diversions & Delights."  Vincent Price as Oscar Wilde?  What could be better?

Then I discovered that he would be performing this one-man show at my university.  On my birthday.

Tickets sold out immediately.  But one day I was in the Theatre-Arts building and I saw a note on the bulletin board.  I had posted a plea for a ticket and a classmate had one.

I saw the show and he was magical.  I was spitting distance from the stage.  I'll never forget that performance.

Vincent Price Was Oscar Wilde - TheaterScene.net

He was such a delight. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

He was so horribly scary.  But he was great in Song of Burnadette too.

Honored Contributor

Not so bad in Laura,either.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Not so bad in Laura,either.

No, not bad at all, Shelby.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the MGM station. Never heard of it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

I'm a huge Vinnie Price fan.  Although he was best known for horror, he had a talent for comedy.  Check out his hilarious performance in CHAMPAGNE FOR CAESAR.

Honored Contributor

I loved him in his movies and I loved his cookbook. I still make eggplant parmesean the way I learned from him. Wish I still had the original recipe and cook book. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Vincent Price Fans

[ Edited ]

I don't think I get MGM channel either but I love Vincent Price and his movies.....The Return of the Fly, House of Wax and of course the voice in Michael Jackson's Thriller.