Honored Contributor

Re: For Those Who Liked "Soul Train" Back in the Day

is this based on his memoirs? does anyone know?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

DC did not write any memoirs as far as I know.   The series is a blend of fact and fiction.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I C U Basie Skanks! Smiley LOL

Greenleaf fans know who I am fonting about.

Oh my gosh, how I detest Basie Skanks!  LOL  Not crazy about this character either.  I don't know who that actor is, but I feel bad that I dislike him and don't even know him.  hahahaha  (I guess he's good at his job!)

Esteemed Contributor

Was chatting with my girl about Soul Train.

We danced away our nights at the clubs back then. It's how we stayed so dang thin to wear those clothes!

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  I watched the first and  second episodes of american sould last night. and enjoyed. 

WOW !! Kelly Rowlands rendition of midnight train to georgia was breathtaking. What a vocal with soft piano. It is a shame we  rarely get to hear todays singers showcasing their true talent like that. I previously had not been very impressed by what you hear from her on records but she hit it out of the park on that one. Goes to show you how the music industry destroys good talent.

I know I will be in the minority here, but after hearing that I am now convinced she is a much better vocalist than the self proclained Queen B ( beyonce). 

Congrats AKelly on an amazing performance. Please let us hear what you can really do with your vocals more often.

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1: I understand what you're saying regarding Kelly Rowland being a better vocalist than Beyonce. If you think about it, there are many entertainers (singers, actors, musicians, etc.) who reach star status but they're not necessarily the most talented.

Honored Contributor

finally had the chance to watch all three episodes in a row. i barely moved out of my seat. i am hooked.

the singing, the dancing, the costumes,  the storyline are all great! the actor playing don is doing a wonderful job.

who recognized bobby brown in the third episode? great makeup job!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i still didn't get a chance to watch On Demand ...looking forward to seeing it!

Honored Contributor

also on on demand......lots of "extras" to watch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  I am really enjoying it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau