Honored Contributor

Re: For Those Who Liked "Soul Train" Back in the Day

@Caligurll wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

My dad and I were avid viewers of this and American Bandstand back in the day!  I don't care who you talk about today, TINA TURNER is the best ever!  LOVE that lady!  And James Brown? Nobody ever on stage like that man!  

I sure miss seeing them and many others.  At least we have YouTube!  

@SoonerI saw James Brown in concert in the early 70s and I agree, he was an amazing performer, and what energy he had!!!  

@Caligurll. All I can say is WOW!  How lucky you were!  GOOD for you!

Honored Contributor

Peace,Love and Soul !

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Peace,Love and Soul !

Oh wow that brings back memoriesSmiley Happy  I can hear him saying it.

Honored Contributor

They aired two episodes last night, and I just finished watching the first one.  It's very good.  I am learning a lot.  I think this will be a great series.  It looks like there will only be four episodes. Is anyone else watching it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

have it recording and have not had a chance to watch it at all yet.

maybe on the weekend?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I just looked it up, and Wikipedia says that a first season of ten episodes was ordered.  All I can find anything out about is four episodes.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I too was a fan of Soul Train.  I was awed by the dancing and loved the guest stars, many great groups and singles!  It was very entertaining and up beat for sure.

I was lucky to see James Brown also at the famous Apollo Theater in the seventies, his energy on stage was amazing and non stop, loved his music.

I will check out this show !

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched the first two episodes and am enjoying it so far.  It brings back a lot of memories.  I'm a little surprised about some of the things I'm learning about Don Cornelius and Gladys Knight.  Something about Gladys' attitude surprises me.  Well, I guess we'll see more of her throughout the series and maybe my thoughts will change.  

Kelly Rowland is doing a great job portraying G.K.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I've watched the first two episodes and am enjoying it so far.  It brings back a lot of memories.  I'm a little surprised about some of the things I'm learning about Don Cornelius and Gladys Knight.  Something about Gladys' attitude surprises me.  Well, I guess we'll see more of her throughout the series and maybe my thoughts will change.  

Kelly Rowland is doing a great job portraying G.K.  

@Citrine1  I watched the second episode today.  I'm really enjoying this.  I hope they do show all ten episodes that they ordered.  There only seem to be four on the schedule at this time.

I agree that Kelly Rowland is doing a great job portraying Gladys Knight.  She has her mannerisms and facial expressions down perfectly.  She sounds like her, too.

The actor playing Don Cornelius is doing a good job, too.  I'm not familiar enough with Don Cornelius to know if he's doing a good job portraying him, but he's a very good actor.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I C U Basie Skanks! Smiley LOL

Greenleaf fans know who I am fonting about.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif