Honored Contributor

For Those That Lost TCM

[ Edited ]

Comcast has added a new movie channel. it is not premium but is commercial free. Very good movie selection, but difference from this and TCM is no before and after commentaries and the movies only go back as far as 1960. For me it is Channel 167 and is called Screen Pix. The same channel used to be called Indie. So far, the selections I have come across have been excellent films. All films are not edited or cut. 

Respected Contributor

In November, when I "lost TCM" immediately called Comcast to express my dismay.   After speaking to customer service, they gave me back TCM & added other "sports" channels, but had to remove ID Investigation & others.    I can only watch TCM now on my "main box" TV.   I am hoping one day to rid myself of Comcast as last week RETRO was removed.

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  Will check it out.

Honored Contributor

Re: For Those That Lost TCM

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

In November, when I "lost TCM" immediately called Comcast to express my dismay.   After speaking to customer service, they gave me back TCM & added other "sports" channels, but had to remove ID Investigation & others.    I can only watch TCM now on my "main box" TV.   I am hoping one day to rid myself of Comcast as last week RETRO was removed

.Yes, Retro and Indie were both removed, but this one in its place is quite good. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost ID, WE, HBO and WGN 18 mos ago when I renegotiated my contract, but I gained FREE Netflix. Other than HBO on occassion, the others were not any I ever watched at all. 

Honored Contributor

Glad you at least got Screen Pix, @Shelbelle..  It sounds promising, even if it only goes back to 1960-- I'll have to look for it.

That's very interesting that you were able to talk them into restoring your TCM, @seaBreeze,  at least as a "trade".  I wonder if they do that for everyone who complains, or if it is up to the individual company spokesperson that you get... 

Comcast has so much to answer for!

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle   Well I found ScreenPix on my Comcast, Channel 141, which I think was Cozi. I looked at the movies they are going to be showing and didn't recognize a single title. I guess you can tell I'm not a movie buff but I think I saw Thelma & Louise on Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Shelbelle   Well I found ScreenPix on my Comcast, Channel 141, which I think was Cozi. I looked at the movies they are going to be showing and didn't recognize a single title. I guess you can tell I'm not a movie buff but I think I saw Thelma & Louise on Friday.

@grandma2pkmh  @seaBreeze  That's funny; I recently renegotiated with Comcast but ID channel was the one channel I wanted to keep!  Didn't mind losing TCM much since I didn't watch many movies there; but the ID channel would have been a deal breaker with Comcast for me!

I was happy to get a reduction in my bill by about $15 with the loss of TCM and a few other channels.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If our current provider dropped TCM, I would drop our current provider!!!  I used to feel that way about QVC but not anymore.  

Going back to only 1960 certainly is not "classic" movies.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Last night they aired 3 Dustin Hoffman greats, today was Raging Bull amongst other greats.