Honored Contributor

I just picked up the Entertainment Weekly "collector's edition" covering all things "Outlander."  I realize the stars have been on plenty of EW covers already, but this one features only this show.

It's a little pricey, but you can get out your magnifying glass and spend a lot of time savoring the details of costumes and more.  For me, some things always pass too quickly on screen, even if you hit pause.

@Drythe, I read that they used sites in Scotland to stand in for North Carolina.  I was wondering if you'd read that, too.

Image result for entertainment weekly outlander edition

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: For Outlander fans

[ Edited ]

I'll be on the lookout for this issue.

Author says the last book will take readers to the dawn of the 19th century and will tie in the earliest scene where Jamie is staring at Claire in a 2nd story window. Frank sees him as a specter and reports this to Claire.

Yes, they filmed in Scotland for Western NC. I dont know how they filmed Wilmington, NC.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I just picked up the Entertainment Weekly "collector's edition" covering all things "Outlander."  I realize the stars have been on plenty of EW covers already, but this one features only this show.

It's a little pricey, but you can get out your magnifying glass and spend a lot of time savoring the details of costumes and more.  For me, some things always pass too quickly on screen, even if you hit pause.

@Drythe, I read that they used sites in Scotland to stand in for North Carolina.  I was wondering if you'd read that, too.

Image result for entertainment weekly outlander edition

@GingerPeach

I have not read that, but I do know that it happens.  Western NC looks SO much like Scotland, told by family historians that is why so many settled here.

I'll have to try and get my hands on that magazine!

(((HUGS)))

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Western NC looks SO much like Scotland, told by family historians that is why so many settled here.

That is mentioned in the magazine, and made me think of you.

And now the song is in my head constantly.  I'm loving it.

Image result for outlander lyrics  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thanks for posting this, I had no idea about this issue.  I love Outlander too,

it's an amazing story with such great actors portraying the characters.