Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

thanks for the heads up @Jordan2 !   One of my favorite songs I look forward to watching it .   If only the song could come true.....you could say I'm a dreamer....

@Kitty Galore  ...but you're not the only one....

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

thanks for the heads up @Jordan2 !   One of my favorite songs I look forward to watching it .   If only the song could come true.....you could say I'm a dreamer....

@Kitty Galore  ...but you're not the only one....

@Pearlee  Hope some day everyone will join us ....and the world will live as one ✌🏼️

@Kitty Galore   Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Reminder this is on tomorrow night, as the OP stated, 9:00 p.m. on A&E.  I'm a huge Beatles fan and love the song Imagine, but am not sure how much I'll like this show, since I do not like Yoko Ono at all.  I'll watch it but....

Here is a description of the show which I read today:

"This two-hour "Biography" special recalls the making of John Lennon's 1971 album "Imagine."   With never-before-seen footage of Lennon and Ono from their private archive, the film delves into the depth of the creative collaboration between the couple."

I don't think Ono was all that creative nor collaborative.  And what she did creative, I didn't particularly like, esp. some of her screaming and screeching songs.  I anticipate being disgruntled during some of this show.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll have to tell my brother.

My brother is a huge John Lennon fan. He was devastated with his murder.  He came into my bedroom and collapsed on my floor.  His son's nursery was John Lennon art.  Once Julian Lennon replied to him on Facebook. My brother still talks about that. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'll have to tell my brother.

My brother is a huge John Lennon fan. He was devastated with his murder.  He came into my bedroom and collapsed on my floor.  His son's nursery was John Lennon art.  Once Julian Lennon replied to him on Facebook. My brother still talks about that. 

@Mary Bailey   I love this!   John's art was quite good.  I always loved the story of how  his song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds came about - from art work young Julian brought home from kindergarden (or some very young grade level).  John was a very, very creative person.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Reminder this is on tomorrow night, as the OP stated, 9:00 p.m. on A&E.  I'm a huge Beatles fan and love the song Imagine, but am not sure how much I'll like this show, since I do not like Yoko Ono at all.  I'll watch it but....

Here is a description of the show which I read today:

"This two-hour "Biography" special recalls the making of John Lennon's 1971 album "Imagine."   With never-before-seen footage of Lennon and Ono from their private archive, the film delves into the depth of the creative collaboration between the couple."

I don't think Ono was all that creative nor collaborative.  And what she did creative, I didn't particularly like, esp. some of her screaming and screeching songs.  I anticipate being disgruntled during some of this show.

@Pearlee  you beat me to it, I was going to remind everyone it's on tomorrow night!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for reminder.  Love, love John Lennon will really look forward to this- plus also loved George Harrison - not so much the other two but I am sure this documentary will be great.

Honored Contributor

One more reminder to watch tonight!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  and everyone:

I have to say that I this show made me so very sad.  Seeing Lennon so young and handsome and in his prime and knowing what happened to him just made me sad.  And I finally lost it altogether and started crying when they showed the photos during the credits at the end, the last one being John and Yoko in front of the Dakota (not on the night he got killed there).   It made me weep and the loss of this great talent.  That's not to say I'm sorry I watched the show --- it merely made me very sad.  Also seeing George Harrison in the beginning, playing guitar with John in his recording studio made me very sad, thinking "two dead Beatles. Smiley Sad  "   It also made me sad to think how very long ago the Beatles were, and watching these events in history such as protests against the Viet Nam War, made me realize how old I am now and had much time has passed since these days of the Beatles, their breakup, despiting Yoko Ono (and her screeching during songs), and the VN war. 

I didn't care for a lot of the interviews (too much time spent on them) but liked many things about this doc.  I was super impressed with Julian Lennon and how articulate and intelligent he is. I loved hearing the song Imagine, although I had to laugh at John in white white countryside mansion singing "imagine no possessions....".   It was kind of eerie having 20/20 hindsight now, seeing young Phil Spector working with John on the Imagine album and knowing he is in prison for having killed a woman in his home.

Thank you for mentioniing this @Jordan2   . Another doc from during the same time period, which I liked even better, is The U.S. vs. John Lennon, about the time the government under Nixon tried to deport Lennon for having a marijuana conviction.  I cried at the end of that one too, for John not being here any more.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2  and everyone:

I have to say that I this show made me so very sad.  Seeing Lennon so young and handsome and in his prime and knowing what happened to him just made me sad.  And I finally lost it altogether and started crying when they showed the photos during the credits at the end, the last one being John and Yoko in front of the Dakota (not on the night he got killed there).   It made me weep and the loss of this great talent.  That's not to say I'm sorry I watched the show --- it merely made me very sad.  Also seeing George Harrison in the beginning, playing guitar with John in his recording studio made me very sad, thinking "two dead Beatles. Smiley Sad  "   It also made me sad to think how very long ago the Beatles were, and watching these events in history such as protests against the Viet Nam War, made me realize how old I am now and had much time has passed since these days of the Beatles, their breakup, despiting Yoko Ono (and her screeching during songs), and the VN war. 

I didn't care for a lot of the interviews (too much time spent on them) but liked many things about this doc.  I was super impressed with Julian Lennon and how articulate and intelligent he is. I loved hearing the song Imagine, although I had to laugh at John in white white countryside mansion singing "imagine no possessions....".   It was kind of eerie having 20/20 hindsight now, seeing young Phil Spector working with John on the Imagine album and knowing he is in prison for having killed a woman in his home.

Thank you for mentioniing this @Jordan2   . Another doc from during the same time period, which I liked even better, is The U.S. vs. John Lennon, about the time the government under Nixon tried to deport Lennon for having a marijuana conviction.  I cried at the end of that one too, for John not being here any more.

@Pearlee I think the movie Yesterday will bring in a new crop of young fans who may not be familiar with The Beatles. Yes remembering The Beatles can make one feel old, but they are timeless and their music holds up, they will be remembered long after we are gone.