Honored Contributor

What happened to the Direwolves

the Stark siblings adopted?  Those animals somehow mentally & emotionally bonded to their owners to protect them for life.

Were they all killed off in the previous seasons???  I sort of remember one of the Direwolves being killed but can't remember which Stark it belonged to - Jon?????

I did a Google search & according to the GOT book version....

Spoiler
the Starks Direwolves were all killed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Robb Starks was killed along him.

Sansa's was killed I think because it was blamed for biting Jofre or something like that

Not sure about Arya's

Jon Snow's was still around last season and I don't remember Bran's getting killed but didn't see him when they entered the wall Sunday

I had read somewhere they were being phased out due to production costs for CGI

Fun fact - the actress who plays Sansa adopted one of the dogs used that was enhanced via CGI into a direwolf for the series.

Super Contributor

Lady was killed (Sansa'a direwolf) and Nymeria ran away -- urged by Arya. Ghost is Jon's and is still alive ( I have a little theory on that). The other wolves Summer, Shaggy Dog and Grey something(?) IIRC were all killed as well.

Honored Contributor

@Tukey@withaK

ThankYou-smiley.gif

Withak, you must really be a die hard GOT fan.  You knew the names of all the Direwolves!faint.gif

If Jon's Direwolf is still around, does that mean when Jon "was killed" Ghost hung around the body till he was resurrected?  I assumed the DW died too since they are "connected" physically as well as mentally.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif