Respected Contributor

This was a topic the other day or so. "Parrish", starring Connie Stevens and Troy Donahue will be on TCM on Thurs., Dec. 19 at 5:30 p.m. ET.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 

Hoping to catch it today.  Love both her and Troy D.  So young and beautiful!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Love Parrish, and their pairing in a few movies. Many thought these 2 had married in real life but that was not the case.  Sadly, I no longer have access to TCM thanks to Comcast. 

Honored Contributor

I like the way Connie Stevens re-invented herself early on and became a successful entrepreneur-- she was one of the earlier actresses to do so, I think.  Resourceful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Love Parrish, and their pairing in a few movies. Many thought these 2 had married in real life but that was not the case.  Sadly, I no longer have access to TCM thanks to Comcast. 

I think Suzanne Pleshett was married to Troy Donahue.  Not sure though. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think Suzanne Pleshett was married to Troy Donahue.  Not sure though. 

@MoJoV - Yes Suzanne and Troy were married, but it didn't last long.  They were divorced after nine months.

Honored Contributor

Susan Slade was another great movie with Connie and Troy.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Susan Slade was another great movie with Connie and Troy.

Also together in Palm Springs Weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Troy and Suzanne made Rome Adventure in 1962 and fell in love on and off set. She knew when she married him it would never last, but she said had she broken it off, she would have always had regrets so she went through with it, just to get him out of her system. . 

Honored Contributor

I really sat down and paid attention to this movie, by the way thank you for the heads up  So many  things Parrish said in this movie are so relevant today.  A good movie, good acting.  Karl Malden was so good at being so bad. This was definitely a change of pace for Connie Stevens, she did a good job.  I wonder if she and Troy were good friends.  They always seemed comfortable together.