Honored Contributor

Re: For A Show Full Of Answers, 'Jeopardy!' Host Selection Raises A Lot Of Questions

I admit I'm totally ignorant about this.

I don't have a person I think would be good at it.

If we go way back Alex took this show and made it his own.

I remember about 1 year ago or less when Alex announced his illness, at some point he finally named a person he thought would be a good replacement.  I don't remember the name but I'm sure some of you do because you guys are up on this.

Maybe they should choose someone who is totally unknown.  It is a guess because, like I said, I'm ignorant on this.

It's not like we didn't know this was going to happen.  There was enough time to get Alex's feedback.

All they'd have to say is "This is who Alex said he'd like to see replace him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For A Show Full Of Answers, 'Jeopardy!' Host Selection Raises A Lot Of Questions

[ Edited ]

In an old interview making the rounds again this week, Trebek, who died in November from pancreatic cancer, named two people he thought could one day fill his shoes as host: CNN senior legal analyst Laura Coates and NHL sportscaster Alex Faust.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

In an old interview making the rounds again this week, Trebek, who died in November from pancreatic cancer, named two people he thought could one day fill his shoes as host: CNN senior legal analyst Laura Coates and NHL sportscaster Alex Faust.

@Johnnyeager 

Alex could pick anyone he wanted as "suggestions", but do you think it's actually likely that a senior legal analyst for a major network would want to host a game show?    Seriously?  

When people have established themselves in careers and have advanced degrees, is it likely they would want a second part time gig?    They are already doing well, and certainly don't need the money.

Also .... Alex may have done the occasional commercial, but he was not working another job and doing Jeopardy as an add-on job.  IMO, Jeopardy should have a "full time" host.