Honored Contributor

Re: For A Show Full Of Answers, 'Jeopardy!' Host Selection Raises A Lot Of Questions

@Teddixat  Thank you, you saved me time. Yes, that is it although I think I read it elsewhere but it was about that podcast.

And I don't believe a word of his apology now, which he is saying only so his new job won't be "in jeopardy."

Trusted Contributor

Re: For A Show Full Of Answers, 'Jeopardy!' Host Selection Raises A Lot Of Questions

Yes,  I will probably watch when he is first on because I want to see how Matt does. But I think after that I will remove it from my DVR.  They should of and could of done better.  I think the ratings will go down and he won't last long. 

They way they handled it was an insult to the audience.  

Honored Contributor

Stephen Colbert is really making fun of Richards being the choice right now in the monologs.  😂

Respected Contributor

His apology is necessary but doesn't extinguish the terrible things he has said over a period of years.  It's more than a slip, a mistake.  He should decline the prestigious position entirely to Bialik.  And if they want two host to share, have her share it with Burton who has yearned for it and is up for it.

Respected Contributor

Wow  just went down the rabbit hole...

Very long but very revealing look at Richards' history and some of the podcast clips...skin crawly yecch

A Smile With Sharp Teeth”: Mike Richards’s Rise to ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Sparks Questions About His Past

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/8/18/22631299/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-search-process-past-comm...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline 

Interesting, but I no longer care about the whole selection process and who wanted the job and how come they didn't pick this one or that one ....  I'm done.   

I think Mike Richards will do a good job, even if he wasn't everyone's first choice.    Personally, I doubt Alex would disapprove. 

Can't wait for September 13th, the first day of the new season, and see how Matt Amodio will do ...  time to move on.  

Esteemed Contributor

Very much looking forward to the new season and ongoing success of the current champion.

The host has very little impact on me or meaning for me.

I'm generally successful in ignoring him/her.

Honored Contributor

I think it was a bad idea to select a guy with "baggage" considering who he is replacing.  Alex was such a classy, up and up guy.  

Mike Richards would have better luck hosting something else IMO.  And if he indeed WAS/IS involved in sleazy shenanigans, he shouldn't have is own show at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda Holmes seems filled with a large sense of arrogant self-importance and takes herself (and this entire game show) much, much too seriously. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@CatsyCline  "Too many notes for the Royal Ear."

ETA: Richards is creepy in the way all those Hallmark Murders and Mysteries creeps are creepy. That's it!

@PA Mom-mom   LOL

"Exactly as many as are necessary, Your Majesty".

(I love Mozart)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh