Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food network canceled Valerie Bertinelli

@Judaline wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

There are so many shows I miss that were on when the food network first went on the air. Actual cooking shows where you could watch someone make a dish and explain the process. I found it very helpful and interesting. Now it is mostly ridiculous competition shows with some of the same pompous judges on more than one of them. Not surprised their ratings aren't what they used to be. 

I remember Sarah somebody (her last name escapes me). I liked her style. She was alone and not gabbing and laughing with somebody else. You actually learned something.

@Judaline Are you talking about Sarah Moulton?  I miss her show on The Food Channel but I do watch her now on CREATE/on public television.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Food network canceled Valerie Bertinelli

I seldom watch Food Network these days because I'm  not interested in contests or any of the Guy Fieri nonsense.  However, I have seen Valerie's shows a few times and I enjoyed them.  I can't say I'll miss her because I seldom saw her, but it continues to be unfortunate that the Food Network has morphed into what it is today.