Regular Contributor

Re: Food network canceled Valerie Bertinelli

It seems like all of the cooking shows are on the weekend, so it's no wonder the ratings are bad.

Besides, the Food Network is basically The Guy Fieri Network now. 

Respected Contributor

So sick of Guy Fieri- Enough already!  His son has no talent and no personality, yet he pushes him on viewers... 🙄

Honored Contributor

I like Valerie and I think her cooking show is nice.  It's not all loud and a bunch of theatrical stuff. She seems to have gone through a lot of things in her life and has had her share of heartache.  From reading her post about the cancelling of her show it doesn't sound like this was her decision.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

Shame...Food Network needs an overhaul in programming..... or they should just call it the Guy Fieri network since almost all the shows now are his.

LOL.  They can add "ICAG" Alex Guarnaschelli too.  

The only one I know that has to be introduced as Iron Chef and wears a tee shirt with ICAG on it.

I see she has a new show coming along with season premiers of an older one.

Trusted Contributor

I tried to watch Valerie's show a couple times but never really cared for it.

I do with that Food Network had a lot less Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.  

Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
She will be sorely missed on the Kids Baking shows with Duff. She is especially good when a child starts to get upset; she seems to really care about them. God help us if they give it to Molly Yee (I had even commented when she hosted the original Spring Baking Championship last year, that she was better suited to the kids. Nevertheless, I see them giving it to Carla Hall if they choose to continue with it.

Her cooking show is being cancelled after the new season. She is not leaving the other show.

Thanks for clarifying.  I misunderstood some of the other comments that referenced the kid's show.  Good to hear!

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

So sick of Guy Fieri- Enough already!  His son has no talent and no personality, yet he pushes him on viewers... 🙄

He signed a three-year contract, that runs thru 2024, for 80 million dollars. I don't watch any of his shows. 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

How dare they!  Just kidding.  I don't have cable so have never seen Valerie's show. But, if it's a cooking show, maybe she can create a show to market to public television.

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

He signed a three-year contract, that runs thru 2024, for 80 million dollars. I don't watch any of his shows. 

Years ago it was the Bobby Flay network so Guy needs to get all the $$$ he can because his days are numbered.   There will come a time he either burns out or gets pushed out.

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

There are so many shows I miss that were on when the food network first went on the air. Actual cooking shows where you could watch someone make a dish and explain the process. I found it very helpful and interesting. Now it is mostly ridiculous competition shows with some of the same pompous judges on more than one of them. Not surprised their ratings aren't what they used to be. 

I remember Sarah somebody (her last name escapes me). I liked her style. She was alone and not gabbing and laughing with somebody else. You actually learned something.