Trusted Contributor

Re: Food network canceled Valerie Bertinelli

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:
She will be sorely missed on the Kids Baking shows with Duff. She is especially good when a child starts to get upset; she seems to really care about them. God help us if they give it to Molly Yee (I had even commented when she hosted the original Spring Baking Championship last year, that she was better suited to the kids. Nevertheless, I see them giving it to Carla Hall if they choose to continue with it.

Her cooking show is being cancelled after the new season. She is not leaving the other show.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

The only one I watch on FN is Beat Bobby Flay.  It's a 30 minute show, very creative and fast moving.  Sometimes I watch it while I'm eating.  lol  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I really like her show and I'm sorry to see it go.  I like her very personable and homey approach when she is cooking.  Not a bunch of loud, theatrical stuff.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Wow! I liked Valerie.  I find it hard to believe because of low ratings!  She's popular, but she's had a lot of drama in her personal life.  So maybe it was something she wanted....

I agree about the comment about the lack of cooking shows.  All it is now is endless food competitions that seem to be meaningless.  Food Networks favorite boy Guy again is always assigned to them.  I think he's  a lousy chef.   The competition shows are the reality shows now and food shows are too expensive.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop - I agree with you. Was saying the same things to my hubby this morning. Way too much personal stuff.

Respected Contributor

Her IG post did not mention anything about her participation in Kids Baking Show being canceled. She only said her show was canceled.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego The Kids Baking Championship is NOT cancelled, though I wish they'd replace her. Get sick of her silly simpering and acting like a silly little kid. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I liked her show! Food Network has wayyy too many dopey competition shows-

I miss 30 minute meals-RR is a little controversial but taught me so many tricks I still use today, ie: the garbage bowl, get all your supplies upfront and in one shot, and #1)  start up the pan or oven to get that goin' first!  She was so great on that show...

She invented none of that, all of her hacks she stole from Julia Child, even her cookware/bakeware.

She's so unoriginal.   She's an entertainer.

Valued Contributor

@RedTop 

I agree Red,

She made Ed's death all about her, totally disrespecting Ed's wife.

Day after day,   she kept it up, saying many things that were untrue.

She claimed she held Ed in her arms when he spoke his last word, when his brother said he was the one.

She needs some help and she should stop with her weight woes.

She is a beautiful woman, but she is her worst enemy/

Happy Easter!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably low ratings.  And it's had a nice long run, they want shows that excite viewers. FN is really into competition shows now and shows that feature real chefs.  Her cooking show is leaving.  I did not take that to mean she's leaving Kids Baking Championship.