Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@SWEET

They don't say that the winner gets a show any more. They say they are the next food network star.

I enjoyed Jason and am glad he won. I usually don't watch the baking championship show, but I did watch some of it with Jason. He cracks me up.

cookin

I wonder when they changed that!  Here's some info from FoodNetworkGossip.com.  Jason and his sayings are hysterical.  I loved him on Baking Championship.

http://www.foodnetworkgossip.com/2017/

Honored Contributor

I am so glad to hear that Jason won as he will be a great asset to FN, great news!

I think after that one woman won and then promptly moved to France they haven't been as generous handing out shows and it seems like the ones with more personality pop up more often on competitive related shows.  They may have cut their losses after that happened.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe but have you noticed that once they manage get their hooks into someone, they never let them go!  I saw Sandra Lee recently as a judge on something...when's the last time she had a new show.

Respected Contributor

Re: Food Network Star

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

I am so glad to hear that Jason won as he will be a great asset to FN, great news!

I think after that one woman won and then promptly moved to France they haven't been as generous handing out shows and it seems like the ones with more personality pop up more often on competitive related shows.  They may have cut their losses after that happened.

Who was that who moved to France?  There are a lot of winners that their show didn't last or didn't even get on.  Wasn't Tregaye one of them?
Respected Contributor

Amy Finley is the winner who had a show then moved to France.

Tragaye had a show called the Kitchen Sink.

Respected Contributor

Here is a list of all the FNS winners. 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/food-network-star/past-seasons

I believe the only ones who didn't get a show are Justin Warner and Lenny McNab. They've used Justin on other shows, however - for example, as a judge on Guy's Grocery Games. He also has competed on that show.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Who was that who moved to France?  There are a lot of winners that their show didn't last or didn't even get on.  Wasn't Tregaye one of them?

@SWEET her name is Amy Finley and she was the Season 3 winner.  She was kind of a dark horse but came up quickly at the end and won when it was assumed Rory Schepisi was the front runner.

I apologize to all on this thread as I thought the shows had slowed down since this season but clearly did not as there were several new series produced afterward.

Sorry about that folks, I guess all I could remember was that she walked away from that opportunity (but she did film six shows, just not the whole season)!

Respected Contributor

Re: Food Network Star

[ Edited ]

@nomless wrote:

Amy Finley is the winner who had a show then moved to France.

Tragaye had a show called the Kitchen Sink.

There have been so many winners that I forgot re Amy from Season 3.  I read on Wikipedia that she replaced Josh who was cited for lying re his military record (?)  I don't remember that being mentioned. 

I don't think The Kitchen Sink was on that long even though I didn't watch it.  She was the most annoying person with her "fleek."

Justin's show was on a few times I think.  As for Lenny, he got in some kind of trouble and his show never aired.

Valued Contributor

@SWEET

Yes, Lenny did get in trouble. They found some background on him and it was ALL VERY negative.

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

I sort of watched the finale. It was boring (re-cap of the past shows and behind the scenes footage) so I ended up fast forwarding to the end to see who would win. Jason does nothing for me so I do not intend on watching his show. I know that people find his little sayings funny they actually started to wear on my nerves as the show went on, and now it just comes across IMO as a gimmick.

I did pull down from On Demand Guy's new show with his family and I actually enjoyed it.