Respected Contributor

Has anyone here seen this movie? I watched it, maybe a year or two ago, and it's one of the funniest, sweetest movies I've ever seen. Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep were just magic together. I noticed it on Paramount+ and I think I'll watch it again today.

Honored Contributor

YES!!  I saw it on a plane several years ago.  I thought it was excellent.  I don't "stream" anything so hopefully it will come to one of my cable channels.  Great movie!

Esteemed Contributor

HILARIOUS!!!  It's hard to believe that was actually based on a real woman lol. 😂 

Respected Contributor

And Meryl Streep was SO good playing a slightly dotty old lady :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

She was FANTASTIC!!! Meryl Streep actually has a beautiful singing voice so I'll bet it was difficult to get the "sounds" she did lol

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

She was FANTASTIC!!! Meryl Streep actually has a beautiful singing voice so I'll bet it was difficult to get the "sounds" she did lol

I remember reading a review and the reviewer said the same thing--that for someone with a good voice, it was hard to get those sounds out.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten It sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

Respected Contributor

Has anyone here seen this movie? I watched it, maybe a year or two ago, and it's one of the funniest, sweetest movies I've ever seen. Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep were just magic together. I noticed it on Paramount+ and I think I'll watch it again today.

@GoneButNotForgotten   I saw this movie when it originally came out in 2016. I agree that it was hilarious and sweet at the same time. I would love to watch it again but I don't have Paramount +

Valued Contributor

I found this movie sad and heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

I have seen it twice, and it was very good and heartbreaking as well. Meryl Sreep was nominated for an Oscar for her role.....She was soo good, as always!!